205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• 3 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Another week of cruisers going all out in the ring and nobody in the crowd giving a shit. It’s a shame.

So Buddy Murphy’s opponent for Mania is either going to be Cedric (which we’ve seen already at Super Showdown with a great result) or Nese (which kind of has a story since they’ve had a loose alliance recently-ish but I don’t recall WWE crowds ever really caring about Nese). Either way I’m not sure it’s their best use of Murphy but at the same time I struggle to think of anyone on 205 who’d be a better fit for him and give him a better chance of being on the main card.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

205 are knocking it out of the park with their matches recently. It's a real shame WWE aren't willing to give them 15 minutes on the main show to do a crazy spotfest / Ladder match in front of casual fans to get some eyes on them.

1 minute ago, chokeout said:

205 are knocking it out of the park with their matches recently. It's a real shame WWE aren't willing to give them 15 minutes on the main show to do a crazy spotfest / Ladder match in front of casual fans to get some eyes on them.

Cruiserweights should absolutely have a match on every Raw. More exposure for the performers and would add some excitement to the 3 hours.

1 hour ago, Winston said:

Cruiserweights should absolutely have a match on every Raw. More exposure for the performers and would add some excitement to the 3 hours.

They did that when they launched the show, and no-one gave a shit. 

Its been discussed ad nauseam that’s its problem is being on after Smackdown when all the top guys have been on already

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator
7 hours ago, Lorne Malvo said:

If you're not completely burned out on wrestling so far this week, this show featured a class Nese/Murphy rematch. And a long-overdue face turn for Jack Gallagher who I really couldn't get invested in as a heel.

I probably preferred the rematch to their one at Mania - the fact they weren’t reduced to a soundless corner clip for part of it probably helped!

I wonder if it means Murphy’s off to Raw or Smackers next week in the Shake Up.