205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

Why am I still watching 205 Live? It's ... not good without Neville.

Saying that, the UK guys added a bit of freshness to it this week. Tyler Bate took a horrible fall off the top rope towards the end of his match with Enzo. Hope he wasn't injured from that.

Jack Gallagher's new music is awful, and I'm not a fan of them having him wrestle in his suit. He was one of my favourites at the start of the year, but I don't think I've seen anything I've loved since his match with Bate on NXT.

• Paid Members

I've not watched 205 Live in ages, but I was really disappointed with how they used Jack in the tag match on the last PPV. I hoped that him turning heel would give them the opportunity to focus on him just being a superb wrestler (he was probably the stand-out of the CWC for me), rather than an umbrella-centric comedy act, but he just seemed to get no offence in or, when he did, it was nothing you wouldn't see from the rest of the roster. Aside from wrestling in a suit, nothing's making him stand out - and the suit just seems awkward, rather than actually adding anything.

• Paid Members

Tuned in to this last night because the UK guys were on, first time I've watched in several months.

Is the crowd usually as dead for 205 Live as it seemed for much of the show? Or was it just because a significant proportion of the people attending the Smackdown taping actually weren't all that familiar with the UK guys?

Opening segment was a little odd, in that it seemed like they were going to set up some sort of 6-man tag with the 3 guys who had said no to joining the Zo Train (Bate, Andrews & Tucker) against the two who had said yes (Drake & Devlin) plus Conners who as a heel probably would have done. But then Bate punched Enzo in the mouth and the point of the segment seemed to evaporate.

Did Tucker/Devlin work a dark match at the taping, or were they just there for that segment?

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Statto said:

Tuned in to this last night because the UK guys were on, first time I've watched in several months.

Is the crowd usually as dead for 205 Live as it seemed for much of the show? Or was it just because a significant proportion of the people attending the Smackdown taping actually weren't all that familiar with the UK guys?

Opening segment was a little odd, in that it seemed like they were going to set up some sort of 6-man tag with the 3 guys who had said no to joining the Zo Train (Bate, Andrews & Tucker) against the two who had said yes (Drake & Devlin) plus Conners who as a heel probably would have done. But then Bate punched Enzo in the mouth and the point of the segment seemed to evaporate.

Did Tucker/Devlin work a dark match at the taping, or were they just there for that segment?

1. Yes to both.

2. Nope, they were there for just for the segment. 

To add to the above, people got tired of Enzo fast during the skit; Tyler lamping him did bring the crowd to life but - as you say - it should have set up the six-man instead of just the singles match. Another point - Pete Dunne really should have appeared right on the back of the Raw match, and I dare say people who had attended both shows were probably expecting at least  a cameo at the end of Enzo' s win. If you're going to do cross-show continuity go the whole hog.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

In truth, had Dunne appeared on 205 Live, not a doubt in my mind he'd have been in Bate's place and lost to Enzo.

With a quick rollup and GTFO, which is what he should be doing instead of goofing off before getting the pin. 

On 10 November 2017 at 11:57 AM, Statto said:

I was at the Smackdown taping and I personally thought the crowd was burned out by the time 205 came around, it was only like 5-10 minutes after the Smackdown main event too that it felt like a bit of a comedown when 205 came on. I thought for a Smackdown show the fans were quite smarky so I would say 50% knew them. 

Edited by Briefcase

I thought they might have done 205 live first as it was all taped but maybe they needed more time to edit Smackdown before airing live so did Smackdown first to give them an extra hour or so incase of edits? 

I think the only reason people stayed for 205 was the dark match after it which was being advertised as the main event which was Nakamura/Roode vs Ziggler/Corbin. Worth staying for Roodes & Nakamura's entrance alone if not the match. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Awards Moderator

Decent little Street Fight this week between Tozawa and Gulak (who, now Neville's not there anymore and Gallagher's gone dull, is the definite stand-out on the 205 roster these days).

They also showed a 'Coming Soon' vignette for Hideo Itami, so that's definitely happening. I can't imagine Itami vs. Enzo, but you've got to think he's coming straight into the title picture. I'd have welcomed Neville vs. Itami with Hideo being the one to dethrone the King, but they fucked that opportunity.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator