205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

4 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I agree that you can't please everyone - but, again, my choice would have been not to have a Cruiserweight division at all. The concept is redundant when people below the upper limit for that division are holding "Heavyweight" belts.

As for the Loser Leaves Town matches, well, they've lost a match that means they're leaving NXT. That makes them a free agent, and thus able to be hired by RAW or Smackdown.

So the cruiser division should have ended the moment Rey won the heavyweight title?  And sure with Elias Sampson that was the case, but others debut on Raw or Smackdown with no reason, other than they've decided it's time, so they chose to be in NXT before.  It's not explained it's just how it is.

• Paid Members

So the cruiser division should have ended the moment Rey won the heavyweight title?

Well, it renders a separate weight division pretty redundant, doesn't it? Surely weight divisions are either limited or they're not? Where's the logic in there being a Cruiserweight Title when Cruiserweights can challenge for a Heavyweight belt? In kayfabe terms it doesn't make sense to have that separate delineated weight division, and in non-kayfabe terms, if you don't see the Cruiserweights as not worthy of fighting for the top belt, then why keep them separate?

but others debut on Raw or Smackdown with no reason, other than they've decided it's time, so they chose to be in NXT before.

Why assume that it's the wrestler "deciding it's time", and not RAW or Smackdown choosing to hire/call up people from NXT? I don't decide it's time I got a promotion, my boss does.

• Paid Members

catch weight fights still have an agreed limit, an 'open weight' fight is where weight limits are chucked out the window. Never happens in boxing but MMA have open weight fights (in Asia at least).

Excellent match between Kendrick and Tozawa. That was a good fun feud, went on a bit long but rewarding. 

Love Drew Gulak's gimmick. 

• Awards Moderator

Never thought I'd see the day when Drew Gulak was the most interesting and entertaining part of a show. Drew Gulak!

It really feels like Sasha Banks is slumming it though... cat-fighting at ringside with Alicia Fox... what did Sasha do? What happened?!

• 1 month later...
  • Awards Moderator

I'm still watching this show for some reason.

My main thoughts this week were that I hope Ariya Daivari's presentation of Iranian Olympic wrestlers will result in the return of the Iron Sheik, and that Brian Kendrick's chat about Jack Gallagher being a clown results in Kendrick vs a returning Doink.

I also find it odd that the show description on the Network still lists Gran Metalik even though he's only been on there twice.

14 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

what did he do?

This is the only video I can find of it that doesn't involve going on the network (it's from 205 Live #12), go to the spot at 3:02 of the vid.

Watching it again, calling it a mega-botch is a bit harsh, but it didn't help that it was his debut that they been pushing for a good weeks at that point