205 Live

HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator

This has started on the Network, it's probably worth a thread?

Decent first episode. Austin Aries on commentary, the return of Jack Gallagher, who was bloody marvellous as usual, and a title change in the main event.

It'll be interesting to see how things develop as the show goes on, I guess it's tying into Raw rather than being totally standalone. Hopefully crowd reactions will pick up a little bit. More reactions like that lady who did the little shriek when Rich Swann jumped up on the apron, less deathly silence would be good.

It's going to struggle, audience wise. It's a division with zero stars that has been presented as meaningless on television. To make the audiences stay once smackdown is over, they've either got to make these guys into stars and book good stories and angles (which isn't going to happen) or they've got to advertise matches for after 205 with actual stars like Cena, Orton, Ambrose, AJ etc.

I don't know if they're scared that it would make people react with less enthusiasm for smackdown, but ideally they need to tape it beforehand.

its a bit shit to be honest and its a bit shit to see jack Gallagher back cant stand him he has jobber writen allover him

have to say im not a fan of noam dar either

but on the plus side we have austin aries and he will make it fun viewing when he get back in the ring

Edited by kidzero

its a bit shit to be honest and its a bit shit to see jack Gallagher back cant stand him he has jobber writen allover him

but on the plus side we have austin aries and he will make it fun viewing when he get back in the ring

That's the first time I've ever seen Jack Gallagher and he was the best thing on the show. The only Cruiserweight I've seen actually get the fans into a match since the return of the division.

• Paid Members

I honestly think the show would be better if there were more flips - or just really, if people can wrestle a style different to the main roster. As you said Gallagher did that, and I'll echo the love, he's absolutely brilliant - and not just because I now have someone I can point at the telly and say "I've wrestled him!" when he appears on Raw.

Bollywood Boyz and Gulak/Nese was really bad as a first match to push this dynamic new show. The Bollywoodz come across as lovely lads but they're just so so low rent. Shilling gold in Jeff Jarrett Promotions feels their level. Gulak and Nese were absolutely appalling in the post match too.

As said though, it really picked up in the Gallagher match and I thought the Main Event was a bit good too. That's where it felt reminiscent of the CWC show, with Rich Swann cutting a genuine promo as well.

Hopefully they build on the good stuff and they don't lose interest too quickly. It sounds like people were leaving during the show and that will probably continue. The sooner it moves to being taped, or even live before Smackdown, rather than after in front of a tired crowd, probably the better.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

i don't think they could have made a worse start than by putting the Bollywood Boys on first. Who is that gimmick aimed at? the US audience isn't going to be into that soft shit. The video package before hand was pure 'American Idol' stuff, sob story nonsence, then they came out doing the Bollywood dance and tried incooperating Bollywood dancing into their moves. Absolutely horrid.

i don't think they could have made a worse start than by putting the Bollywood Boys on first. Who is that gimmick aimed at? the US audience isn't going to be into that soft shit. The video package before hand was pure 'American Idol' stuff, sob story nonsence, then they came out doing the Bollywood dance and tried incooperating Bollywood dancing into their moves. Absolutely horrid.

I see them as just a bit of harmless fun. I don't think they look overly great, and having them go over Nese (who looks like he could destroy them on his own) was a bit much, but they'll be a decent faces to use going forward. 

Hopefully we'll get Cruiserweight tag belts as well.

Maybe a pop at TNA putting The Flying Elvises out first.

• Paid Members

The Elvises were bad but you don't get much worse than super workrate promotion ROH opening their first show with The Christopher Street Connection being put through a table for being gay and kissing in the ring.

I don't like you.

The Elvises were bad but you don't get much worse than super workrate promotion ROH opening their first show with The Christopher Street Connection being put through a table for being gay and kissing in the ring.

"HE JUST SUPLEXED HIM ON HIS GAY HEAD!!"