Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

15 years to the day that Eddie Guerrero passed away. I still remember my mate telling me about it in the morning once I'd got in to school, felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

Absolutely adored Eddie, first time I saw him must have been WCW in 98, after cartoon network had finished up on a Friday night, and was a mark for him from early on. 

Recently got the missus to watch Eddie vs Rey from Havoc 97 with me and it still holds up. Might be able to convince her to watch Eddie vs Brock with me next. 

3 minutes ago, Factotum said:

Did you like him or hate him?

I had no strong feelings about him. My dad regarded him as a nuisance, but him and his mates still drank with him. As you can probably imagine, this wasn't the only story about him. 

Edited by gmoney

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

This cracked me up as a 12 year old kid and it still does now I’m 35. Paul Bearer putting WCW’s Cruiserweights to shame with this aerial assault;

AE56BE4F-ABFB-410E-A10C-F720EF0B740D.gif

I’ve just watched this 12 times in a row and now I think I’ll watch it 12 more. Outstanding dive, suck on that AEW!

• Paid Members

My favourite spot from that era was Ahmed Johnson giving someone from the Nation a Pearl River Plunge through the French announce booth, only for poor Jacques Rougeau Jr to try and continue broadcasting from the wreck that was left behind. One of the few spots that legit cracked up my dad, who generally hates wrestling.

JLxr3EpNUcPp5hXGMXOvw5dktI1UAiZ5kYhzh4ag

Edited by garynysmon

• neil locked this topic