PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

That Flash Funk match might be from before Summerslam 1997.   They had 2 matches, one in July and one in September.

3 hours ago, Chasingamymatt said:

The Severn one was done on purpose as part of the angle where he "injured" dan using the same move that made him want to retire. Steve Austin was....unthrilled about the angle as no one told him.

I do remember Owen using it when he was teaming with Koko years before this but cant for life of me remember the PPV, maybe a rumble?

Think the only PPV that High Energy would’ve been on together would’ve been Survivor Series 92

4 hours ago, Chasingamymatt said:

The Severn one was done on purpose as part of the angle where he "injured" dan using the same move that made him want to retire. Steve Austin was....unthrilled about the angle as no one told him.

I do remember Owen using it when he was teaming with Koko years before this but cant for life of me remember the PPV, maybe a rumble?

For a company that always used to protect finishers so much I never understood why they even let Owen do a move so similar to the Tombstone in the first place. Especially one so clearly dangerous too.

They showed the replays of the Severn one and you can see his head bouncing off the mat. The positioning of Severn shows you how to do the move properly. He's nice and tucked and arched there.

b.png.c9537fd36195dcd278d74a3e702f29ea.png

And then there's exhibit B. Jesus wept.

austinbrokenneck2b-768x549.jpg.238306f9c53ede73624cea3dba30fb36.jpg

18 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Chono broke his neck on that one too, didn't he?

He did indeed, which is apparently why Austin was so against the spot when Owen initially proposed it and insisted he drop to his knees. 

Edited by Tommy!

So, for those of you with wrestling training, who exactly was at fault for the botched Austin piledriver? 

Is it a case of crossed wires when laying out the match(I've seen somewhere that Austin thought Owen was pillocking him when he mentioned he wanted to do the sit down variant), or did Austin make a fuck up by tucking his head? 

3 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Think the only PPV that High Energy would’ve been on together would’ve been Survivor Series 92

You win the prize mate. As im bored i just looked and he does it in the headshrinkers tag. 

10 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

So, for those of you with wrestling training, who exactly was at fault for the botched Austin piledriver? 

Is it a case of crossed wires when laying out the match(I've seen somewhere that Austin thought Owen was pillocking him when he mentioned he wanted to do the sit down variant), or did Austin make a fuck up by tucking his head? 

Can't speak as an expert on the first question but on the main point the general narrative I've always heard was just that, Austin said no to sitting out with it, having particular concern given his injury to Chono, and thought Owen was dicking him about insisting he would. As a result Austin was too low and didn't nuzzle his face into Owen's junk like Seven is in the above pics. 

Apparently Owen never apologised and it pissed Austin off to the point they would work together but it was all business. Austin was pissed at the Owen 3:16 shirt too, went fucking mental at vince over it IIRC. 

Edited by Tommy!

3 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Austin’s on Chono from a few years earlier looks brutal as well. Christ. 

049504D6-895C-4941-944A-CA1A0566A15D.gif

Holy mother of fuck!?🤢

It’s difficult to tell from that angle, but does Austin fall backwards or straight down?

Its near identical to the one Owen did except I think Owen jumps ever so slightly, which would increase the force

On 7/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, The Dart said:

That Flash Funk match might be from before Summerslam 1997.   They had 2 matches, one in July and one in September.

The piledriver was from the match in September. It happened on Shotgun, and Owen won the match with that piledriver as part of the Austin feud.