PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

When you've made the seat.  Please do share the pictures of your process and the finished piece of furniture.

Just realised that Ryback was on Miz's season of tough enough. Amazing what you discover in isolation. 

I've seen it written recently, but I've never understood how some spell Bret Hart's name as Brett. It's a long time since I've read his book and for the life of me don't know where it is to find it out, so if he was born as Brett then fair enough.

Please don't misinterpret this as being a bit spelling dickish,  it is merely pondering on my part. I've just found it strange when you would have the odd poster at live events spelling it with a double T, when for a decade plus he was high profile enough to have his name plastered around to a fairly high degree.

It happened with Rick Flair as well. Just people becoming set in their ways after encountering the other spelling first, and lacking the intellectual capacity to entertain multiple versions of the same name.

Seen it less with Sean Michaels though.

43 minutes ago, Mikeymike83 said:

I've seen it written recently, but I've never understood how some spell Bret Hart's name as Brett. It's a long time since I've read his book and for the life of me don't know where it is to find it out, so if he was born as Brett then fair enough.

Please don't misinterpret this as being a bit spelling dickish,  it is merely pondering on my part. I've just found it strange when you would have the odd poster at live events spelling it with a double T, when for a decade plus he was high profile enough to have his name plastered around to a fairly high degree.

I’ve been typing it like that recently, but only because I saw someone else do it and assumed that was the way. I’ve never really watched much of his stuff so his name isn’t as ingrained into me as other wrestlers.

In fact I don’t think I’ve ever watched a full match of his. Haven’t see any of the Die Hard, Sopranos or Lethal Weapon films either. 

I love the first Lethal Weapon, it doesn't get enough praise these days IMO.

The only Brett's I've ever known in real life have always spelled it with two t's, so that's probably why I cock it up all the time when talking about Hart.

People round here pronounced Shawn Michaels name as Shahn ala SHAO KAHN and it did my fucking head in. I don't know how but i'm sure it was the W in his name.

EDIT - just repeating SHAHN to myself and I sound like Vince going SHAHHHN MYGULLS AHAHAHAH so maybe it as the accents

Edited by Cannibal Man

2 hours ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I’ve been typing it like that recently, but only because I saw someone else do it and assumed that was the way. I’ve never really watched much of his stuff so his name isn’t as ingrained into me as other wrestlers.

In fact I don’t think I’ve ever watched a full match of his. Haven’t see any of the Die Hard, Sopranos or Lethal Weapon films either. 

This post went in a very unexpected direction.

12 hours ago, Love-Wilcox said:

I love the first Lethal Weapon, it doesn't get enough praise these days IMO.

The only Brett's I've ever known in real life have always spelled it with two t's, so that's probably why I cock it up all the time when talking about Hart.

Surely you meant Brett Heart…?

19 hours ago, Mikeymike83 said:

I would imagine it’s to do with hugely popular  Packers quarterback Brett Favre whose career overlapped Hart’s.

32 minutes ago, Loki said:

I would imagine it’s to do with hugely popular  Packers quarterback Brett Favre whose career overlapped Hart’s.

Of course. I feel a right twonk now!

19 hours ago, Uncle Zeb said:

It happened with Rick Flair as well. Just people becoming set in their ways after encountering the other spelling first, and lacking the intellectual capacity to entertain multiple versions of the same name.

Seen it less with Sean Michaels though.

Yes, I knew there was another one. Couldn't think of it though. 

To the other answers, fair enough I suppose. 

Is there a standard rule in wrestling or WWE with regard to what breaks a count out?

Was just watching an episode of 205 Live from a couple of months ago (quarantine catch up) and in two successive matches different rules were applied.

In the first match, the two wrestlers were outside and the ref started the ten count.  At the 8 count, wrestler A got back into the ring (and stayed there), wrestler B remained outside.  The ref then reset the ten count for wrestler B on the outside.

Same thing happened in the very next match, except this time when wrestler A made it back into the ring on the 8 count, the ref carried on at 9 for wrestler B and counted him out.

I would always say the latter scenario is correct, and that wrestler A would have to go back outside to restart wrestler B's count.  But I've seen WWE apply the former scenario on several situations.

In the past you used to see a heel roll in and then roll straight back out to "break the count" but it's one of those things where they seem to make it up depending on the story they're telling for the match.