PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

I'm listening to 2 episodes a week instead of Cornette's stuff to try and get caught up. The editing is awful in places, and the sponsor reads are dreadful, but as you said Arn tells a heck of a story, and he doesn't sound like he's embellishing much either. He's always struck me as not playing much of a character. 

John Cena hasn't wrestled a single match in 12 months.

They've not really made a big deal out of it, but he's quietly retired hasn't he?

4 minutes ago, Loki said:

They've not really made a big deal out of it, but he's quietly retired hasn't he?

Saw a rumour that he wants to do something big for Mania so hopeful he's coming back at some point. Maybe more wishful than hopeful.

3 minutes ago, Loki said:

Probably a clever way to do it if so. Leaves the door open. Also, everyone knows his worth, so I imagine if they announced formal retirement share value & partnership interest would likely drop. Do it quietly like this, then it potentially avoids the OMG element from investors who don’t really follow the product. 

23 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm listening to 2 episodes a week instead of Cornette's stuff to try and get caught up. The editing is awful in places, and the sponsor reads are dreadful, but as you said Arn tells a heck of a story, and he doesn't sound like he's embellishing much either. He's always struck me as not playing much of a character. 

The couple of episodes I've heard have been very good. He gives a honest and good insight into Flair which I appreciate.  I half expected him to buff up the myth. 

6 hours ago, Loki said:

He'll be back a few more times, I reckon. He probably hasn't been allowed to wrestle and risk injury while shooting Fast & Furious 9 and The Suicide Squad.

8 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

Didn't Arn once do a kayfabe RF shoot interview?

Someone told me large sections of his autobiography, titled a look behind the curtain, are in kayfabe. I've never bothered to buy a copy and check for myself though. 

It's very much a product of an older wrestler in the late '90s, in that it walks an uncomfortable balance between kayfabe and shoot, never quite sure which to fully commit to. Not to the extent of Bruno's, though.

If you asked me about Jinder Mahal's WWE title reign, I'd have responded "Huh what now?" and then when I remembered, I'd have guessed it was yonks ago.

It actually ended two years and two months ago.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:36 PM, Onyx2 said:

Twenty nine ninety nine delivery? You what? 

Isn't that a standard delivery/self installation cost that usually covers the router?

On 1/10/2020 at 11:36 PM, Onyx2 said:

Twenty nine ninety nine delivery? You what? 

Isn't that a standard delivery/self installation cost that usually covers the router?

What do yous reckon would have happened if the WWF had properly gotten behind RVD as their new top babyface when he was getting monster reactions in 2001? Maybe by having him become the first Undisputed Champion rather than Jericho, and running with him from there?

Rock and Austin were both close to being done, and Austin wasn't even a babyface at the time. RVD fell into their lap as a guy the crowd loved so much they had to have him as a face in the otherwise heel Alliance, but after the No Mercy triple threat it was clear they weren't serious about him as a top guy and his reactions cooled from there.

A heel Austin putting over a face RVD to make the latter a made man at Mania X8 would have been a much more natural conclusion to the previous year's storylines than the rushed, nigh-on-inexplicable Austin face turn that we got instead.