Sign in to follow this  
PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

55 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I was listening to Andy Quildan and Andy Simmonz podcast last night, and the revelation that Len Davies blew the WWE UK deal in 2007 because he turned up to a meeting with WWE officials wearing an Undertaker t-shirt is amazing. Guarantee he had on trainers from Sports Direct and that hair unkempt.

https://youtu.be/F6VljujuvBY

Any excuse.

Edited by KJHenley

I am still waiting for that Emergency LA drama he was writing and producing, staring Kurt Angle and filming at Universal Studios Hollywood. Maybe one day....

I'm sure many of you caught it at the time but I only yesterday found out about the Mauro Ranallo documentary from Showtime (it's on YouTube), which covers his life right up to when he started at NXT. I really didn't know that much about him and this opened my eyes to what he's been through, and puts what happened the other week in a new light for me. Worth watching for sure if any of you haven't seen it.

Deathly dull afternoon so I did some scribbles and predicted what I think will happen at the Royal Rumble.

- Daniel Bryan will do a marathon from 1 or 2, lasting a bit over an hour. He'll win.

- Joining him in the final 4 will be Aleister Black (#30), Drew McIntyre and Keith Lee.

- One of McIntyre's eliminations will be WALTER, who enters as a surprise (NXT get 6 entrants to RAW/Smackers' 12 each). This plants another seed next to the one where he pinned him at Survivors and leads to McIntyre popping to Blackpool for a match in February.

- Lee will get a good run, they'll have him eliminate Strowman and do something with Reigns. He'll also get the most eliminations (5). However he will go toe-to-toe with Lashley at one point and this will be the moment Vince loses faith in him because Lashley's physique is much better.

- There'll be a comedy R-Truth bit where he enters and immediately eliminates himself to avoid losing the 24/7.

None of this will happen. Apart from the Truth bit. But I like over-thinking potential Rumbles. It's such an easy match to book from a storyline point of view, weaving things in and out, setting things up, concluding things, there's no reason for some of them to have been as boring as they have.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Deathly dull afternoon so I did some scribbles and predicted what I think will happen at the Royal Rumble.

I think roman wins the rumble before facing the fiend.

i can see McIntyre getting the most eliminations before falling just short.

surprise entrant of x pac this year.

final four

strowman reigns lee and Adam Cole 

only confident on roman winning the rumble this year 

2 minutes ago, Jacko said:

I think roman wins the rumble before facing the fiend.

i can see McIntyre getting the most eliminations before falling just short.

surprise entrant of x pac this year.

final four

strowman reigns lee and Adam Cole 

only confident on roman winning the rumble this year 

What's the current deal with WWE and wrestlers with Hep C? I've wanted to see Pac do something in WWE for years now but I'm sure he's not able to wrestler there?

The Thick of It line, "disconnected to the point of autism," has never been more apt than to describe those weirdos who seem to talk up Chris Benoit at every opportunity.  

Just come across a FB thread trying to justify a Hall of Fame induction. Fuck me, really?

He was a boring cunt anyway, as well as having murdering his family. The mind boggles.

Edited by garynysmon

I was going to put this in the Unpopular Opinion thread, but I’m not so sure it is an unpopular opinion. Maybe not here anyway.

The Jon Moxley squash that opened this weeks Dynamite show and then the rest of the show that followed made me think how much I’ve come to enjoy squash matches and short sprints to the 15 min+ forced “epic”. Over the last 5-10 years there’s been a million of the latter and very few of them (if any really) have had much of a lasting impact on me. Whereas I almost always enjoy a mental all out sprint or dominating squash.

Matches under 10 mins are better than matches over 10 minutes. Discuss.

2 minutes ago, GeronimoJacksBeard said:

Matches under 10 mins are better than matches over 10 minutes. Discuss.

At a time when people's attention spans seem to be shorter than ever, it makes the mind boggle why there's been this trend of over-long matches over recent years.

Shorter matches with people winning with more than just their main finisher works for me. Keep it unpredictable and exciting 

When it comes to TV wrestling, matches that aren't the main event or for a championship shouldn't be long enough for their to be an advert break. A long match helps no one. Get over the characters, story and their main spots then get the hell out. Today's trend of every match going over 10 minutes is the main reason I've mostly stopped watching. Ideal length for a competitive TV match should be 6 or 7 minutes. 

18 minutes ago, Louch said:

Shorter matches with people winning with more than just their main finisher works for me. Keep it unpredictable and exciting 

Bret was mad for this, from what I remember. It seemed like he won just as many matches with the Sharpshooter as he did with pins like small packages and victory rolls.