PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

A couple of years ago, a wrestler introduced me to this video about Lex Luger. Enjoy, and then never watch a match of his without noticing it again;

It's the very specific sequence of "flick bridge of nose, thumb penis" that gets me. Same every time.

We spent the subsequent couple of shows with at least one person on the show trying to get away with doing it without making the other guys in the ring corpse. One of the last shows of that run, we had Tatanka in for. We were out for a post-show meal, and someone started trying to explain the whole thing to him, and he just laughed and said, "Lex was always doing that", and we were all none the wiser. 

Between 89 and 91, Luger was consistently having the best matches on pretty much every PPV that NWA and WCW did. His body of work was amazing, even during that Stan Hansen feud where he looked genuinely terrified of him.

I hate Lex Luger. I think part of it is irrational, part of it because I was a huge Tatanka fan and part of it because I just don't like his face. 

14 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

I hate Lex Luger. I think part of it is irrational, part of it because I was a huge Tatanka fan and part of it because I just don't like his face. 

I hate his face too, planet of the apes looking bastard.

I need your help.

Me and a mate are in a long term debate and whether or not Mark Henry once used Kurt Angles generic/original ‘gold medal’ theme, back in the early Mark Henry days.

Either on an event, on a vignette, or possibly on a home video exclusive kind of thing. 

Either way, we’ve asked a few people including the likes of Richard Land, but we’re getting a few mixed responses. Some people say ‘no, can’t remember that’. Others can clearly remember it but can’t remember where from, so no proof.

Can anyone on here remember him using the theme at all, and any guesses as to where/when?

7 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I need your help.

Me and a mate are in a long term debate and whether or not Mark Henry once used Kurt Angles generic/original ‘gold medal’ theme, back in the early Mark Henry days.

Either on an event, on a vignette, or possibly on a home video exclusive kind of thing. 

Either way, we’ve asked a few people including the likes of Richard Land, but we’re getting a few mixed responses. Some people say ‘no, can’t remember that’. Others can clearly remember it but can’t remember where from, so no proof.

Can anyone on here remember him using the theme at all, and any guesses as to where/when?

The Patriot used that theme prior to Angle I know that much.

28 minutes ago, Bohan said:

The Patriot used that theme prior to Angle I know that much.

He did, and Slaughter has used it at least once, but I’m positive Henry used it at least once. It’s a head blag.

23 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

He did, and Slaughter has used it at least once, but I’m positive Henry used it at least once. It’s a head blag.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't rule it out as it is one of those pieces they've rolled out several times prior to it sticking with Kurt.  Let's hope you get some resolution to this one soon.