PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m assuming your including the pres-show in your timings there, if not then your being a tad dramatic. Some matches, like the RAW tag team title match, will be lucky if they get 5 minutes, so just because we’re getting a 13 match main show doesn’t mean everything is going to be a 20 minute showcase

Yeah, I was including the pre-show stuff.

You're right about not every match getting 20 minutes but last year's mania had 14 matches and was a little over eight hours long.

4 hours ago, CL Punk said:

On Sunday, we have 16 matches, not including interviews, this year's hall of fame and various skits and segments adding up to what, eight maybe nine hours of Wrestle-Mania?

I would welcome a two night event, if it meant a shorter show on each night (eight matches on a show that is only four hours).

Imagine if someone won the Andre The Giant Battle Royal on night one and then actually got to challenge a champion or got to do anything on night two.

That’s the danger of going over two nights as well. Using NotManiaLol as a go-home show for WrestleMania with qualifiers and stuff, so WrestleMania itself still has 15 matches on the night and lasts ten hours.

4 hours ago, King Pitcos said:

That’s the danger of going over two nights as well. Using NotManiaLol as a go-home show for WrestleMania with qualifiers and stuff, so WrestleMania itself still has 15 matches on the night and lasts ten hours.

I was thinking they should keep the battle royal on the main card as then those who have to do the night before stuff can still have something to do on the main show

5 hours ago, simonworden said:

I was thinking they should keep the battle royal on the main card as then those who have to do the night before stuff can still have something to do on the main show

The whole point suggesting a two nighter was that not everyone has to do something on the main show

36 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

The whole point suggesting a two nighter was that not everyone has to do something on the main show

That and not to burn out the crowd with over eight hours of wrestling.

1 hour ago, UK Kat Von D said:

I get your point but mine was that if they use this hypothetical concept then shoving those from the night before show in the battle royal doesn't do any harm. I don't have a problem with everyone being on the card though just the length and match numbers. They do go hand in hand normally unless you have a big multiman match

I must admit that I also thought that Kofi looked way too skinny to be a world champion when watching his match against Daniel Bryan at 'Mania. Fuck me, wouldn't go that far though....

Superstar Billy Graham: "I urge you to start doing some steroids and add about 50 pounds of solid muscle to your championship body."

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 21.51.48.png

Edited by garynysmon

He’s already held the WWE title longer than Roman Reigns did the first time, so when did modern-day history start?

Couldn't decide whether to pop this in here or in the questions thread (mods feel free to move if needed). I watched the Worlds Collide show from Mania weekend on the Network and the broadcast team was Percy Watson and Byron Saxton. This got me wondering, would this be the first time ever that WWE has had an all African American announce team on a televised show? I can't think of another example of this happening, and I could be missing something really obvious, but if that's true I thought it was worth highlighting as a pretty cool thing.

I'm not saying WWE did so deliberately, mind. I suspect they just happened to be the two people available for this show. 

Edited by mim731

Very strange story I'd forgotten from Jerry Lawler on the classic Steve Austin podcast. He claims that he first became a commentator when Randy Savage turned up on WCW TV and Vince was desperate for a replacement at short notice. He was on commentary on Superstars 2 years before that wasn't he? His version sounds better though!

He tells that story all the time and I guess nobody feels like correcting him. His version is they were looking for Savage backstage at Raw and nobody could find him until someone turned on a TV and saw Savage on Nitro. Vince then asked Lawler to stand in on an hours notice and he never looked back. Of course that completely ignores the fact that a) Savage jumped in 94 way before Nitro was even a thing, and b) Vince actually gave Savage an on-screen farewell on Raw way before he turned up in WCW.  It's really odd as Lawler's stories are usually fairly factual and downplayed rather than Hogan-esque hyperbole. But he's somehow convinced himself that this is true. 

I wonder his memories have gone through a "Mandela effect" kind of thing, where he was indeed asked to fill for Savage at short notice, but rather because Savage missed a flight of something like that. He may have told the story so many times over the years with tiny little inaccuracies, that said inaccuracies have mistakes have mounted up and he now believes them as true...