PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

If you ever want a concrete example of how shocking commentary standards are in WWE, watch Jim Cornette's MLW debut on YouTube. It's nearly impossible not to get pulled into the action with the way dear Jim sells you everything with such enthusiasm and nailed on instincts. Raw would be exponentially more watchable if they had Jim about selling all their guff.

Edited by ColinBollocks

Precisely how many cases of attempted murder would I have to sit through on this particular episode of MLW in order to catch Corny on commentary? 

21 minutes ago, ColinBollocks said:

If you ever want a concrete example of how shocking commentary standards are in WWE, watch Jim Cornette's MLW debut on YouTube. It's nearly impossible not to get pulled into the action with the way dear Jim sells you everything with such enthusiasm and nailed on instincts. Raw would be exponentially more watchable if they had Jim about selling all their guff.

I don’t follow MLW but I’m pleased to hear he’s doing well. 

Cornett’s review of the Lafayette Raw a few weeks back is the most effortlessly brilliant dissection of a wwe show I’ve ever seen/heard. Fuck it, Bruce is back, already doing gang busters with that Batista segment, bring back  Corny too. He’s clearly still got a mind for it. Shame he’s a mouthy blowhard and seems to drive everyone away.

Given the way things have progressed since they split the brands, and with one of the titles now headlining Wrestlemania, I wonder if WWE regrets not mirroring the WWE Champion/Universal Champion naming convention on the women’s side?

13 hours ago, Statto said:

Given the way things have progressed since they split the brands, and with one of the titles now headlining Wrestlemania, I wonder if WWE regrets not mirroring the WWE Champion/Universal Champion naming convention on the women’s side?

They probably realised how awful “Universal” champion sounds and decided not to make the same mistake twice. 

23 minutes ago, Undefeated Steak said:

There should be a stable called The Algorithms who pop up in skits trying to sell wrestlers items they've just mentioned. Could be huge in the run up to TLC. 

Could just go really close to the knuckle and have a Zuckerberg lookalike pop up: “I thought you might be interested in this…”

”I’m sick of that Mark…”

Edited by Your Fight Site

I love the ridiculous faces he pulled at the tinlme. It's like he's allowed to use facial expressions after having had to pretty much deadpan for almost a decade. 

If he hadn't been doing his biker stuff in 2001 and was still the deadman how different would the invasion had gone? They'd have needed to find a different way to bring DDP in for a start. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

2 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I love the ridiculous faces he pulled at the tinlme. It's like he's allowed to use facial expressions after having had to pretty much deadpan for almost a decade. 

If he hadn't been doing his biker stuff in 2001 and was still the deadman how different would the invasion had gone? They'd have needed to find a different way to bring DDP in for a start. 

Anything would have been better then his "Make Me Famous" schtick. That's multi WCW champion DDP, allegedly not famous, yet other WCW hires like Kronik, Kidman and Chavo were famous enough

Latest issue of Viz has a "Big Daddy vs. ISIS" strip that's good for a chuckle.

Just out of the blue remembered at that One Night Stand PPV when Rey Mysterio did the 619 and the ECW fans booed. God, imagine being like that.

8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Just out of the blue remembered at that One Night Stand PPV when Rey Mysterio did the 619 and the ECW fans booed. God, imagine being like that.

Then gave a standing ovation for the Benoit/Guerrero match where Guerrero showed up not wanting to be there and phoned it in.