Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Today Facebook reminded me of the amazing occurance that was ol Terry explaining in a court that the Hulk Hogan character has a bigger penis than in real life.

I'm ashamed I ever forgot

• Paid Members

I've never properly gave The Bushwhackers a look but I'm watching old 1989-1990 episodes of SNME and they show up on there and I could swear they're the most over act on the show, and that has Hogan and Warrior, the lot. Everyone in the crowd screaming and throwing their arms up and down. I was in awe at them as they came down to the ring, absolutely quality.

The Bushwhackers were like the New Age Outlaws. They had their routine down to a tee, kept it at full volume, and didn't deviate from it unless it would benefit them.

My Dad, 60, still asks me if they're still in the WWF every time something wrestling related comes up or is mentioned on the news etc.

They're more over with him than Hogan, Warrior etc. When I rented Summerslam 90/91 over and over from the local video shop, he'd tut at literally everything apart from them. And he voted for us to leave the EU...so....

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Didn't realise SNME didn't last that long. Just got into the 1992 era and then suddenly I'm hearing fucking Tazz commentate on a Randy Orton match for the reboot series. Fuck that, I'm heading back to the 1990 PPVs.

• Paid Members

Didn't realise SNME didn't last that long. Just got into the 1992 era and then suddenly I'm hearing fucking Tazz commentate on a Randy Orton match for the reboot series. Fuck that, I'm heading back to the 1990 PPVs.

It pretty much perfectly encapsulates that boom. Eeked the last juice out of 1992 and then got out before things went to shit in 1993.

• Paid Members

It pretty much perfectly encapsulates that boom. Eeked the last juice out of 1992 and then got out before things went to shit in 1993.

What a boom though. Nearly every superstar worth seeing from that era shows up on it. I was shocked at how star-studded it was.

• Paid Members

I just read up on a few of those 2006-2008 SNME cards as I'd completely forget they bought it back, and bloody hell. Matt Hardy vs Evander Holyfield? I have no fucking memory at all of this happening. I loved that Hardy/MVP feud too, with their basketball matches and beer-drinking contests, but completely forgot this part of it.

I was hosting a pub quiz this evening and one of the questions, which I had absolutely no hand in writing, was "How did the wrestler Andrew Martin, better known as Test, die?".

How obscure is that? Of every dead wrestler they could have picked, they chose Test!

Edited by Slapnut

I was hosting a pub quiz this evening and one of the questions, which I had absolutely no hand in writing, was "How did the wrestler Andrew Martin, better known as Test, die?".

How obscure is that? Of every dead wrestler they could have picked, they chose Test!

That is bizarre, I'm not even sure I know the answer, I mean how specific did it need to be?

In similar fashion, I was playing Jenga the other week and every block had a number on it, so you had to go round in turn saying something from a category. I picked "professional wrestlers", being pretty sure the rest of the guys and girls would only know the uber-famous. I started with Hulk Hogan, and from out of nowhere the next lad said Rikishi! Of all the names. That was as far as it went...

It was multiple choice, the options being murder, suicide, vehicle accident, drowning or drugs and/or alcohol overdose. The answer was drugs and/or alcohol.

We have that question every week with a different dead person. Quite morbid really.

• Paid Members

There was a WWF comic book that I always found unrealistic because it ended with the Bushwhackers becoming someone's favourite tag team.

I met the Bushwhackers when I was a kid and got them to sign this issue of Battlemania. Later on I'm in uni and sharing a house with a bunch of guys who all like wrestling. My mum decides to reclaim my old room and drives up with a load of my stuff in boxes, including my entire WWF magazine collection. I thought I was doing a nice thing by giving them to one of my housemates and a month or so later he asks if I want them back and I'm like "no dude, you can have them" so he bins the lot, that comic included. Wish he'd told me he was going to bin them, I was pretty gutted a few months later when I asked if I could dig through them looking for something. We're talking almost every issue of WWF (and later Raw) magazine between 1991-98, with a few random WCW and PWI's thrown in for good measure and all the fore-mentioned Battlemania's.

This is about as random a thought as it gets but this post just reminded me about it.

Watching all the WWE PPV's, currently up to Canadian Stampede, in 1997. Not only does the WWE's booking of Vader annoy me, but the phrase "The man they call Vader" is absolutely awful.

I'd recommend listening to the Vader episode of'Something to wrestle' with Conrad/Prichard. You certainly learn aspects of his booking in his WWF career.