Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

The gimmick guys are all in their late 50s and older now. The ones that were over that is. They aren't going to  bring back 2000s gimmick guys like Mordecai etc for WrestleMania. Fred Ottman is 61, you can't' have a guy at that age and that size taking a bump on a stage, he'd end up with a broken hip. 

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Heyman and JR at the desk for it? Yes please! 

The only old school pairing they could come up with these days is Ventura and Vince McMahon or Schiavone. Failing that, Sean (Ian?) Mooney or Okerlund.

• Paid Members

You could have Thorn come back instead of Mordecai. A Mexicool or two? JR & King for some nostalgic commentary.

• Paid Members

I'm 100% jumping the gun here, but I couldn't help notice John Cena's fluffy and unshaved hair do over the last couple of days.

Got me thinking of Demolition Axe not gelling his hair, and the baby blue trunk wearers of the past on their way out.

Or maybe he's just not had time to get a barber.

• Paid Members

Random thought, but I would really like to see Braun Strowman have a match with Aleister Black down the road somewhere. Might be a complete car crash, but the idea of the 'occult' guy who can hit his finisher out of nowhere against the unstoppable monster really intrigues me for some reason.

• Awards Moderator

The more I read about him, the more fascinated I get with Andre the Giant. Starting the Everything Andre Tumblr has led me down a lot of avenues. 

I just finished this article on his drinking habits. It's mind blowing. 

"It usually takes two litres of vodka just to make me feel warm inside."

http://www.drunkard.com/10_06_andre_giant/

21 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The more I read about him, the more fascinated I get with Andre the Giant. Starting the Everything Andre Tumblr has led me down a lot of avenues. 

I just finished this article on his drinking habits. It's mind blowing. 

"It usually takes two litres of vodka just to make me feel warm inside."

http://www.drunkard.com/10_06_andre_giant/

The link wouldn't load but I'm gonna go ahead and assume this is that article that claims he drank 150 beers in one sitting or some such thing. I think Lister disproved that quite handily at one point by pointing out that even a third or so of that was too much liquid for anyone, even someone his size, to consume without physically drowning.

I fucking hate the Pele kick.

I'm having a gander through some Styles matches, and seeing people trying to pull off and sell it is infuriating. It almost always involves some convoluted setup, and almost always looks shit. I'm struggling to think of another move which consistently looks as sloppy. 

• Paid Members

Dean Ambrose' shite clothesline from the ropes involves awful setup/execution. Every single time he does it, I want him to get kicked in the face on the return from the ropes.