Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

I think mixed tag is very likely for WrestleMania. It covers Bryan's restrictions by having the girls work most of it, and it gets Nikki on the card in a big match. They must be planning on Bryan doing something in the ring with Miz, it's to the point where him just bringing one of his mates with Full Sail Credits to do it for him wouldn't cut it.

With all the current abuse scandals coming out - does anyone think it's likely they will go after wrestling at some point? There's a massive story sitting there for any media outlet that wants it I reckon. Then again I don't know about the UK scene, and our media may not be interested in the US side of it.

• Paid Members

Letting Bryan wrestle one match would be tricky contractually. There was talk his contract was frozen while WWE considered him injured, so having him do a match would presumably start the clock ticking again. Kind of irrelevant if he's decided to call it quits, but if he can be persuaded it's OK to work, WWE will probably have to either let him come back full time or keep him on the injured list to stop him waiting out his contract and going elsewhere.

• Members

Letting Bryan wrestle one match would be tricky contractually. There was talk his contract was frozen while WWE considered him injured, so having him do a match would presumably start the clock ticking again. Kind of irrelevant if he's decided to call it quits, but if he can be persuaded it's OK to work, WWE will probably have to either let him come back full time or keep him on the injured list to stop him waiting out his contract and going elsewhere.

So what is his contract status presently? I'm assuming that if he was able to he'd get his release and go and work elsewhere with the fit note his doctor has given him? Is he locked in as injured with WWE, under an existing contract or on a new contract as a tv personality only?

• Paid Members

Surely his contract was only 'frozen' while he was sitting at home not being used?  Now he's being used every week on TV like everyone else I'd assume his contract was running again?