Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

On 19/07/2017 at 9:18 AM, mim731 said:

I'd noticed that too. Is it likely to be a result of his addiction issues? Not my area of expertise, so not sure whether that is a factor. 

Not sure whether it's a combination of age and the effects of his past drug use, or whether he's just relaxed into his Pittsburgh local-speak. He says DubbaDubbaYeeh in a weird, stammery way. Perhaps trying to stop himself and pronounce it properly (in the perfect Michael Cole-style "Double-You-Double-You-E") but never seeming to catch it in time.

• Paid Members

During the Taker/Kane match at WM14, JR says Undertaker's first Wrestlemania was 7, then quickly corrects himself to 8 and says he beat Jake Roberts. Was it just a cock up by JR or was there a directive at the time that dictated that "didn't happen"?

• Paid Members

I've got about 50 original vhs, ranging from ECW, WWF, WCW, and some other stuff.

I'm pretty sure no one will want them so I trying to think of what to do. The tapes will have to go, but there's got to be something arty or creative I can do with the inlay covers.

@Monkee

@John Matrix

I'm looking at you two for some creative juice flow.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

there's got to be something arty or creative I can do with the inlay covers.

@Monkee

@John Matrix

I'm looking at you two for some creative juice flow.

You could use them to cover a coffee table or chest of drawers in a decoupage style. 

Like this sort of thing:

IMG_2677.JPG

Edited by Monkee

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Monkee said:

You could use them to cover a coffee table or chest of drawers in a decoupage style. 

Like this sort of thing:

IMG_2677.JPG

Actually, that would look great. It crossed my mind, but seeing that image above confirms it. Main thing is they are all the same size covers, and it will take ages to select the ones I like the best. Right, off to the 2nd hand furniture store tomorrow. Cheers Monk

How about a collage mounted behind glass on the wall? basically the same as the coffee table but you could probably make something else too if you have plenty of covers. 

I've also considered putting all of my old covers when I next get home for long enough into a kind of home made coffee table book and spending some time typing up little captions about each event/ video

• Paid Members

I've just noticed these other suggestions and yeah, I'll have plenty left over. Maybe I'll paste them around my local urban environment, banksy style, but instead of a curb depicting a family of rats, there will be an picture of Greg Valentine hip tossing Rick Martel, along with a yet to be announced Meltzer rating of the Bulldog vs Haku match.

People will be ripping them up and selling them on eBay in mere weeks.