Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Moderators
9 hours ago, BomberPat said:

Oh, absolutely. And I'm probably overstating how obvious it is anyway.

Puncher #1 is Lawler or Funk, surely?

Few things annoy me in wrestling more than shitty punches. If you can't throw a decent punch, just don't bother. There's plenty of other things you could be doing instead, and nothing's more likely to make a Dad watching with his kid say, "it's all fake, look at that, he hardly touched him" than a shitty worked punch.

Number 1 is Lawler, not for the greatness of his punch (though they are great)  But the range. Hooks, crosses, jabs, haymakers, short punches. Frankly if punches are good in a match it gets a Butch Match Prize. 

Lawler is the best ever at everything though. In 2011 at 60 he was still the best worker on the roster working Part Time. 

Fucking Ziggler.

Edited by PowerButchi

My girlfriend pointed out that someone on her Facebook who she has been friends on there for years is an old wrestler.  I had a look and its Jimmy Jack Funk.  I was well impressed.  I asked her to name three wrestlers and she said "That actor bloke, Rock. The funeral guy, and Mr Hulk."

• Paid Members

I love Roddy Piper, but I always felt that routine where he started punching like a boxer looked so phoney as he was nowhere near connecting with any of them.

Bret obviously had a great working punch, so did Jake the Snake in fairness.

Scott Hall usually gets a lot of praise for his, but I always thought it looked more like an open hand slap.

Edited by garynysmon

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

My girlfriend pointed out that someone on her Facebook who she has been friends on there for years is an old wrestler.  I had a look and its Jimmy Jack Funk.  I was well impressed.  I asked her to name three wrestlers and she said "That actor bloke, Rock. The funeral guy, and Mr Hulk."

If you asked me to name three wrestlers, I probably wouldn't go Rock, Hogan...ya know. I'd go Jimmy Jack, Terry, Dory.....Senior