Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

The only thing more baffling than Bartlett is Art Donovan. WTF was that about? He had no idea at all what was going on or what the WWF was about. Hadn't been prepped at all and sounded like a child asking questions.

Apparently, they got him on because his act was he was a bit of a clueless plum. Art Donovan in fairness to him was just doing the act Vince found funny, but obviously everyone else in the world saw him as a massive clown ruining the commentary. I suppose it'd be if Chris Kamara was doing SummerSlam this year and everyone not in on the joke wouldnt know what was going on.

• Paid Members

I watched parts of King of the Ring 94 for the first time a few weeks ago when some on here were complimenting kid vs Owen and I was not prepared for Art.

*IRS walks out* "Is he one of the wrestlers?" "He looks like a businessman!". Like watching with an elderly relative. On and on and on. Brutally embarrassing.

• Paid Members

'Ow much does 'dis fella weight' is one of the great forgotten catchphrases of wrestling lore.

My favourite bit of Art alzheimers is when Gorilla spends a good thirty seconds talking about how Lex Luger is the all American with the stars and stripes etc. And Art pipes up 'ey Gorilla, who is 'dis guy waving da flag????' Or something to that effect.

Edited by Gus Mears

15 hours ago, sj5522 said:

Hey who here was doing the write ups for every WWE title change and is that still going? Was enjoying reading those very much but not seen an update in a while 

That was me and I absolutely forgot about it.

I got to Royal Rumble 92 and in trying to work out how to review that without doing a dissertation on it I ended up forgetting to do anything.

Might revisit it in the near future.

On 2017-4-27 at 0:19 AM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Apparently, they got him on because his act was he was a bit of a clueless plum. Art Donovan in fairness to him was just doing the act Vince found funny, but obviously everyone else in the world saw him as a massive clown ruining the commentary. I suppose it'd be if Chris Kamara was doing SummerSlam this year and everyone not in on the joke wouldnt know what was going on.

Wouldn't be shocked if Bartlett's hiring was a similar situation. Just starting an episode of Raw where he's doing an Elvis impersonation, and at that pont I can only assume that he's there to keep Vince amused and after a while he got bored and sacked him off.

Vince is suck a weirdo.

EDIT

And just when I thought that it couldn't get any worse there's his Vince McMahon "impersonation" and I'm convinced that Monsoon wanted to spark him out for real during that episode.

He pretty much just shouts like an idiot for most of the episode. Only part remotely Vince like is whenever he shouts Raw.

The guy was a total liability. At least Art Donovan was just a one off.

Edited by The King Of Swing

Watching an old Primetime which has the Macho King coronation on. Him and Sherri are walking to the ring? They were carried when i watched it 27 yrs ago. Im sure i even had a picture cut out of WWF magazine on a school book of them being carried. Im right. Must have been 2 filmings of it. 

Just watched it...walked in. Carried oot!

Edited by Porkchopcash

2 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If Flair got there a bit earlier, you could have had Windham, Arn, Tully, JJ Dillon and Flair in the same company. Actually as good as JJ was in the role, Tully, Arn, Windham, Flair with Bobby Heenan would have been an incredible squad in the early 90s.

I totally agree. JJ was always a bit meh to me, but its probably as ive only seen him after his time and was used to Heenan, Skick, Fuji and Hart. Even at the time i used to think Cornette and Paul E were shite managers with shite gimmicks. Looking back now as an adult i think they were perfect for the southern audience.