PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

852 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Mike Tyson's DX was good too.

I liked that one, it's like the original theme took too much ket and fell into a hole.

Watched Hogan/Michaels from Summerslam this morning for the first time in a long time. I still don't know if Hogan is genuinely pissed at Michaels for his theatrics or if he's doing an amazing job of selling his frustration.

3 hours ago, Van Dammer said:

Is it? I think it would be in a lot of fans top 10 all time themes?

It should be in most music fans' top 10 all time songs, though.

I've just discovered there's a wrestling circuit on the Channel Islands that last summer had Ophidian from Chikara and Joe E Legend (ie Just Joe) as regulars, with Tatanka as the guest visitor.

I love Michaels over selling, feels like it actually works in a Hogan match and adds to the theatrics. Didn't realise at the time he was doing it ott to irritate the Hulkster

20 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Total Divas is the best product WWE currently produces. By a country mile.

Presumably because it's produced by E! and not WWE? (I don't know that is the case, I'm making a presumption, it could well be a WWE production for E!).

I'm assuming that WWE must have some hand in ownership of it, otherwise it (along with Total Bellas) wouldn't be on the network unless they were paying for it, which I don't see Vince doing

Gorilla Monsoon coming on screen at the start of a '96 RAW and openly talking about Warrior missing dates just had me going WTF?!?

I don't remember that at all.

I remember it, but I think I saw it on Mania or whatever else was on at the time. Being a little kid, I had no idea what an "appearance bond" was

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 8:33 PM, JNLister said:

I've just discovered there's a wrestling circuit on the Channel Islands that last summer had Ophidian from Chikara and Joe E Legend (ie Just Joe) as regulars, with Tatanka as the guest visitor.

As a long-term forum lurker and first-time poster, this made me smile.

I work for CIWW in the Channel Islands, so it's always nice to see when we've made waves outside of our tiny little catchment area.

One slight correction, though - it was actually two years ago that we had Tatanka over, and as well as regular appearances from Ophidian and Joe E Legend, we had two guest wrestlers from STHLM Wrestling in Sweden, The Great Kaiju and Jack The Strangler, that year.

Last year, we had Joe E Legend over for two shows, and a weekend with CHIKARA talent; Ophidian, Drew Gulak, Frightmare, Heidi Lovelace, Princess Kimber Lee and Soldier Ant.