Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Your Wreddit types no longer aspire to be anything special and superhuman, they want nerds and/or fatties that remind them of themselves to be on top as it makes their worthless lives seem better than they are. Whereas we are all aspiring alpha fucking males who want to one day be cunt wreckers like Roman obviously is.

Or some such bullshit, I obviously made that up but it sounds good.

1 hour ago, Cat crater said:

This place is weird. It's like it's everyone's job on here to like whoever Wreddit hates and vice versa.

For example loving Reigns and hating Cesaro.

Bizarre!

Hating Cesaro is an opinion, one that I don't share. Seeing the effortless star power of Reigns is common sense

Cesaro is alright. He is suited to where he is, mid/upper midcarder who can occasionally have a good competitive match with the real stars.

I think at most, he could main event a B PPV against a proper star if they had a decent story behind him going in and there was another big match on the card. Bout it really 

People who want to see him as the champion are just nutters 

1 hour ago, Cat crater said:

This place is weird. It's like it's everyone's job on here to like whoever Wreddit hates and vice versa.

For example loving Reigns and hating Cesaro.

Bizarre!

Agreed. These pricks wouldn't even join in the #cancelwwenetwork movement. And most of them laugh instead of cry whenever Triple H mocks our anger by calling us his friend Mark.

3 minutes ago, UK Kat Von D said:

Cesaro is alright. He is suited to where he is, mid/upper midcarder who can occasionally have a good competitive match with the real stars.

I think at most, he could main event a B PPV against a proper star if they had a decent story behind him going in and there was another big match on the card. Bout it really 

People who want to see him as the champion are just nutters 

Exactly, he's a terrific performer in the ring hence why he's over with fans but he'll never have a 'thing'. He doesn't really know how to present himself, he was tearing a suit off with odd looking shades a while ago, he's still wearing that tape on his shoulder for some reason, not to mention the Twat Siren theme. I personally hope the tag with Sheamus lasts for the forseeable as its a perfect role for them and they've evolved really well. It's felt unusually organic and its the best Sheamus has ever looked imo. 

No, because he's fucking awesome.

I'm with Kat on Cesaro, his longterm ceiling is the mid to upper midcarder US title territory. I wouldn't be against him having a one-off shot at the main belt on a secondary PPV to give the relevant champion something to do in a stopgap between a longer feud.

Similar with Sheamus, he's a decent hand enough hand to fill a main event gap when needed to every now & again, but he should never actually be holding the main belt. 

• Paid Members

He's that solid worker you stick against the new champion after the inevitable rematch to get him over in his first proper defence, or the one to take the US/IC belt off the next guy on the way to becoming champion. Your kingmaker, if you will.

Passed Titan Towers on the bus from Boston to NYC yesterday, arse killer of a journey by the way but worth it for 12 quid. Liked to imagine Vince was looking out the window on the top floor quietly muttering "we make movies" to himself as I passed. 

Edited by DCW

On 4 April 2017 at 4:53 PM, tiger_rick said:

They don't need to do it. Arenas are packed for TV every week and PPV every month. They ran shows in our market at times where they couldn't draw the mega crowds at home. It probably won't happen again until that's the case.

I have to disagree, when you see how much money WrestleMania makes with merch sales, stadium ticket sales, Axxess and all the events, they could easily do a PPV event (Not Mania) and make some good money. They could easily sell out a stadium, do Axxess, have a superstore and run the NXT/Raw/Smackdown shows. If you think people travel the world for Mania I'm sure they would travel to the UK from Europe if the show was marketed the right way. They would make more money than just a bog standard B PPV. 

The only issue is timezones but then with the Network its not a big deal these days. 

Edited by Briefcase

With Briefcase here. I reckon they could do a big event over here, make it a European Wrestlemania-B weekend. Full weekend of a NXT Takeover, PPV and Raw, maybe an afternoon or other night with live Q&A/podcast with Austin and a couple of guests too. They've put more into SummerSlam weekend recently haven't they. Another big weekend at some point (Royal Rumble?) and you've got a modern equivalent of the big 4 events.