Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

The Miz is perfect where he is. He's the best midcard heel they've had in a while. Plus, I fear another flop main event run may lead to him losing his way again for a few years.

Agreed. He's found his station. You run the risk of overexposing him and making him look out of his depth by making him the focal point of the main events. Maybe he can have a go at the title on B show months if there is another big match happening on the card but that's about all I'd want to see.

Miz still tops Owens for having a kayfabe breaking top contender image even in this day and age, in my opinion. I can't picture him having to defend the belt against anybody without looking a bit of a joke and collecting channel surf scoffs.

Then again how much is that even a factor anymore? Hola, core monotised audience era.

• Paid Members

ECW TV (the 95 stuff at least) on the Network has similar music...im not actually sure if its the real theme or dubbed though? Its around the time when the company changed it name.

It' s dubbed. The original theme is about 10 seconds of instrumental from Closer by Nine Inch Nails, then Thunderkiss '65 by White Zombie.

• Paid Members

Did Tazz ever wrestle in Stockport at the Stockport Plaza ?

Was chatting with a friend and she was adamant there was wrestling there years ago and Tazz was on. I think it might be one of those tribute shows but shes convinced Tazz was the real person.

There was a tribute show there with not-Tazz on it.

It's a vivid memory for me because when he came out, some woman was going mad that it was a fake guy, then her young son explained "But mum, Tazz was on Raw from Madison Square Garden on Monday. Why would he be in Stockport tonight?"

• Paid Members

Can't see where the previous random thoughts thread was, but my answer for the William Eavor to Harley Race in seven (singles match) steps was:

* Eavor wrestled Doug Williams in August for XWA.

* Williams wrestled Ric Flair at Wembley Arena for TNA.

* Flair wrestled Race at Starrcade 83.

• Paid Members

I ended up with that as well, but I started off getting stuck for a while. Eavor wrestled Danny Boy Collins who wrestled Owen Hart who .... never wrestled Harley, Google tells me." I could have sworn he wrestled him as the Blue Blazer.

Eavor wrestled Nick Aldis as well, who wrestled Sting ... but again no match with Harley. I was hoping Bobby Roode would have wrestled Eavor and then I could have done the "Roode wrestled Hogan in a six man on a TNA house show."

Did it in a few more steps than Lister. Had the Pastor wrestling Marty Scurrl, who has faced Ospreay a million times, who of course wrestled Vader, who has wrestled Flair who has wrestled Harley Race.

begs the question though, other than being managed by him, did Vader ever face Race?

• Paid Members

I was hoping Bobby Roode would have wrestled Eavor and then I could have done the "Roode wrestled Hogan in a six man on a TNA house show."

In Manchester. Which as it stands was Hogan's last match. I was there. Looks good on the fandom c.v. "Hulk Hogan's last match."

• Paid Members

I ended up with that as well, but I started off getting stuck for a while. Eavor wrestled Danny Boy Collins who wrestled Owen Hart who .... never wrestled Harley, Google tells me." I could have sworn he wrestled him as the Blue Blazer.

Eavor wrestled Nick Aldis as well, who wrestled Sting ... but again no match with Harley. I was hoping Bobby Roode would have wrestled Eavor and then I could have done the "Roode wrestled Hogan in a six man on a TNA house show."

It was singles matches only though.