Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

A cartoony mad gimmick could be fine I guess, but she's bad at it or seems to be from what I saw recently.

After watching the Rumble and last weeks Smackdown there seems to be a fair few women rocking the rocker look, even Charlotte looked gothed up on Tuesday. Doesn't this take away from the Riott Squad's gimmick a little?

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

Totally self-indulgent, but it's 30 years to the day since this happened. Which means that in a few days (however long the US broadcast > Sky One) delay was), I'll have been watching this nonsense for three decades.

Dyf6GB9XcAAIjgl.jpg

• Paid Members

Glad I'm not alone on not liking Nikki Cross. I was chuffed to hear she'd been promoted as I loved the idea of a Scottish woman's wrestler getting to the main roster but I'm quite a casual fan these days and I'd never actually seen her perform since ICW. Like a lot of people, I first saw her act at the Rumble and I found it excruciating to watch. The sort of act that would make you embarrassed if you were watching with somebody else and she came on. I hear she's good in the ring, but her execution of that gimmick is just abysmal. 

• Paid Members

Nikki Cross is fucking excellent at playing the part of a disturbed psychopath. She has played it stupidly well throughout her entire NXT run.

If you’re going to criticise how a wrestler plays a gimmick, maybe base it on more than 1 bloody match. 

Thing I like is that she's 100% into it.

I fear she'll go the way of Tyler Breeze though. In NXT she was presented as unhinged but a credible worker too. Shayna Baszler was even rattled by her. All I can see her doing on Raw is stomping on one of Alicia Fox's many marvellous hats and other such japes

Edited by Mr Butternut Squash

• Paid Members

Maybe so, that’s literally the fear everyone has for every wrestler ever called up. It’s just standard now.

In regards to the post above mine, to say “her execution of the gimmick is abysmal”, is not only bollocks, it’s based on one appearance. You’ve self admittedly not watched any of her NXT run. So the whole point is irrelevant and redundant. 

• Paid Members

Popped up to see my parents last weekend. Casually mentioned to my Dad that Mene Gene had passed away and without missing a beat, he started to re-tell the sorry of him seeing 'Hogan doing the Wrestling' in Cwm working mens club in the 70's. He's told me the story many times, and no amount of fact checking or reasoning will convince him otherwise. Well now he claims Mene Gene was there too. 

Hogan, Gene and the lads. In a South Wales working mens club. In the 70's.

I love it. Great, Chinny reckon. 

Edited by Silky Kisser