Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

It would have been incredible. I always loved his commentary because he'd make up things that made everything seem real but I wonder how much of that was him taking a shot at people. Like in the '89 Rumble when Axe gets tossed out and Monsoon suggests it's because he ran out of gas. Is that him trying to enhance the story or taking a shot at the guys age and condition? I'd imagine a book would have been filled with bitchy barbs and outright bullshit.

• Paid Members

"In 1974 I was catching the New York train from New Jersey station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Maivia, it was the height of his wrestling career. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be so-moan-in Peter!" Needless to say the place went bananas as they were literally hanging from the rafters."

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tommy! said:

"In 1974 I was catching the New York train from New Jersey station. It was very crowded; I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies; buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Maivia, it was the height of his wrestling career. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be so-moan-in Peter!" Needless to say the place went bananas as they were literally hanging from the rafters."

Will you stop.

3 hours ago, tiger_rick said:

It would have been incredible. I always loved his commentary because he'd make up things that made everything seem real but I wonder how much of that was him taking a shot at people. Like in the '89 Rumble when Axe gets tossed out and Monsoon suggests it's because he ran out of gas. Is that him trying to enhance the story or taking a shot at the guys age and condition? I'd imagine a book would have been filled with bitchy barbs and outright bullshit.

Given that he said Hulk had been in there for a good half hour and it was only ten minutes, he must've thought Ax had been in there for 45!

Edited by returner82

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Full Sailors

They should put Naval uniforms on Kassius Ohno and Keith Lee and have them as the tag team The Full Sailors. Show vignettes of them polishing off a big dinner then piloting a boat around a harbour. Possibly have a pirate tag team feud with them. 

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

Erik Watts as a heel in 1992 would have been gold. Not following his Dad's WCW rules. Maybe laying his dad out with a punch or something. It would have been great.

Pretty sure that would have super-faced him. The rules were shit.

Aah, Erik Watts.  That name brings back memories of early TNA, which was a bit like the Wild West in those days.  I remember Watts being pushed HARD and having a match with Don Callis over control of TNA, which he lost.  I was always a sucker for anyone with a wCw background.