PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

It was funny when Corey Graves said about the Miz eventually having more more movies under his belt than there is James Bond films. Funny because it will most likely be true 😁

Royal Rumble 2001 random thoughts:

- Chyna's "serious injury" angle is horrendous, although the two blokes chanting "Sergeant Slaughter" when she's being put on a stretcher made me laugh.

- The Rock's pre-Rumble match promo is goosebump inducing.

- The Drew Carey involvement was brilliantly done.

- Kane is awesome.

- Someone in the crowd furiously mashing on an air horn when the Honky Tonk Man comes out and cuts a promo gives me life.

- THAT SHOWDOWN between Austin and the Rock is outstanding.

13 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Royal Rumble 2001 random thoughts:

- Chyna's "serious injury" angle is horrendous, although the two blokes chanting "Sergeant Slaughter" when she's being put on a stretcher made me laugh.

- The Rock's pre-Rumble match promo is goosebump inducing.

- The Drew Carey involvement was brilliantly done.

- Kane is awesome.

- Someone in the crowd furiously mashing on an air horn when the Honky Tonk Man comes out and cuts a promo gives me life.

- THAT SHOWDOWN between Austin and the Rock is outstanding.

Is 2001 the one where there's a bloke in the front row in a white shirt and tie with loads of different signs? Most of the entrants get one but the one that always sticks in my mind is the "My poop is bigger than Taz" one.

I've been watching all the 2000 wwf Ppvs and up until judgment day 2001 over the past few weeks.. 

It very strange to see the wrestlers blading as it happeneds so much And far too many un protected chair shots to the head.. 

I remember watching the 2001 Rumble on Channel 4 with my mate Dirty Dave in Uni. Every time the buzzer went I'd sing "Weeeeeeell" like at the start of the Big show's theme because I was convinced he was returning from something, only for Dave to reply with "He's not fucking turning up". We legit lost our shit when he turned up, but only because of how hilarious it  was that I'd  been winding him up about it up until that point.

I was remembering the 2000 Rumble the other day, in particular that bit during the street fight between Cactus and Tripper when The Rock popped out of the entrance  and lamped somebody, (I want to say X-Pac, but it may be Tripper) but I was remembering it like he was some old bloke telling them to stop pissing around in his yard.

18 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I was remembering the 2000 Rumble the other day, in particular that bit during the street fight between Cactus and Tripper when The Rock popped out of the entrance  and lamped somebody, (I want to say X-Pac, but it may be Tripper) but I was remembering it like he was some old bloke telling them to stop pissing around in his yard.

It was Hunter. Although in the Rumble he sent Pac absolutely flying, later the same night.

I went to watch a Fight Forever show in Liverpool last night, which was a massive eye opener in regards to the local wrestling scene.  

Growing up in north west Wales, as regards to local wrestling most of the biggest UK promotions don't visit the area apart from Welsh Wrestling and Orig Williams' tribute shows back in the day. As a result, I've always been a little sceptical of what people saw in the UK scene but was massively impressed by the talent on show.  

Current WWE doesn’t interest me and I only catch Impact when I can, but last night’s Liverpool show reminded me of how fun live wrestling can and should be.

Kudos to everyone on the card, will make sure to catch more live shows.

Edited by garynysmon

Went to the Fight Forever show in Birmingham.  

Godfather was doing the pre show meet and greet as Papa Shango, and then did a skit in the ring (and hosted the post show party) as Godfather.  

So I went to the bog during the second or third match, and he was in there.   Some absolute berk gets all excited and starts quoting his old prematch preamble to him IN THE FUCKING GENTS.    .  

2 hours ago, Doctor Whos Next said:

Went to the Fight Forever show in Birmingham.  

Godfather was doing the pre show meet and greet as Papa Shango, and then did a skit in the ring (and hosted the post show party) as Godfather.  

So I went to the bog during the second or third match, and he was in there.   Some absolute berk gets all excited and starts quoting his old prematch preamble to him IN THE FUCKING GENTS.    .  

At Bristol he came out and was doing a bit asking for volunteers to audition for the ho train. Obviously only men offered. He asked the first one what qualified him to join. The answer:

"I know where to find the actual hoes round here."