Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Fucking hell @HarmonicGenerator 

That Brand Split post could only have been bettered if it was performed live, by a terrible and cringe worthy North East improv comedy troupe (that tends to sell out most weeks).

Bravo sir.

Hey, a plug's a plug. Next Wednesday night at the Bridge Hotel, catch us in a preview segment on Tyne & Wear TV this weekend...

• Paid Members
36 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Hey, a plug's a plug. Next Wednesday night at the Bridge Hotel, catch us in a preview segment on Tyne & Wear TV this weekend...

I’m just speaking on behalf of other forum members. They hate improv.

Whilst I applaud your television segment, we’re in the radio station every Wednesday, due to which I shall not promote your show, utter your name, nor marry your cousin, as you sir are the enemy.

Well ok... maybe just this once.

As you were forum.

18 hours ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

I hate it when they do the red and blue t-shirts bit anyway but Tamina was the one that got me this year. All the other ladies modified their t-shirts to look a bit interesting and work with their looks better but Tamina just wore a bright red full t-shirt over her gear, it looked so shit.

On Tamina, surely she's got to be the most pointless woman on the roster, nothing going for her at all, she looks like a mum, is woeful in the ring and has about as much charisma as a brick, even her appearances on Total Divas are dull as can be

2 hours ago, The British Bushwacker said:

On Tamina, surely she's got to be the most pointless woman on the roster, nothing going for her at all, she looks like a mum, is woeful in the ring and has about as much charisma as a brick, even her appearances on Total Divas are dull as can be

For whatever reason, Like Nia, somebody in the back just loves these guys it seems. I can only assume it is due to old family ties.

• Paid Members
On 11/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Never! Nak looked lush in the blue jumpsuit with the U.S. belt on at starrcade. Looked like a star. 

*FryNotSureIfSeriousMeme*

That jumpsuit was such a hideous bit of kit I genuinely wondered if he was trying to  get fired in time to turn up at Wrestle Kingdom.

Royal Rumble 2001 random thoughts:

- Chyna's "serious injury" angle is horrendous, although the two blokes chanting "Sergeant Slaughter" when she's being put on a stretcher made me laugh.

- The Rock's pre-Rumble match promo is goosebump inducing.

- The Drew Carey involvement was brilliantly done.

- Kane is awesome.

- Someone in the crowd furiously mashing on an air horn when the Honky Tonk Man comes out and cuts a promo gives me life.

- THAT SHOWDOWN between Austin and the Rock is outstanding.

13 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Royal Rumble 2001 random thoughts:

- Chyna's "serious injury" angle is horrendous, although the two blokes chanting "Sergeant Slaughter" when she's being put on a stretcher made me laugh.

- The Rock's pre-Rumble match promo is goosebump inducing.

- The Drew Carey involvement was brilliantly done.

- Kane is awesome.

- Someone in the crowd furiously mashing on an air horn when the Honky Tonk Man comes out and cuts a promo gives me life.

- THAT SHOWDOWN between Austin and the Rock is outstanding.

Is 2001 the one where there's a bloke in the front row in a white shirt and tie with loads of different signs? Most of the entrants get one but the one that always sticks in my mind is the "My poop is bigger than Taz" one.

• Paid Members

I remember watching the 2001 Rumble on Channel 4 with my mate Dirty Dave in Uni. Every time the buzzer went I'd sing "Weeeeeeell" like at the start of the Big show's theme because I was convinced he was returning from something, only for Dave to reply with "He's not fucking turning up". We legit lost our shit when he turned up, but only because of how hilarious it  was that I'd  been winding him up about it up until that point.

I was remembering the 2000 Rumble the other day, in particular that bit during the street fight between Cactus and Tripper when The Rock popped out of the entrance  and lamped somebody, (I want to say X-Pac, but it may be Tripper) but I was remembering it like he was some old bloke telling them to stop pissing around in his yard.

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I was remembering the 2000 Rumble the other day, in particular that bit during the street fight between Cactus and Tripper when The Rock popped out of the entrance  and lamped somebody, (I want to say X-Pac, but it may be Tripper) but I was remembering it like he was some old bloke telling them to stop pissing around in his yard.

It was Hunter. Although in the Rumble he sent Pac absolutely flying, later the same night.