Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Flar and Backlund started the Royal Rumble 93, both the same age, and they were like "how is Backlund going to last in this thing at his age?" WWF always did that. Bret was world champion and Jake was like Stanley Matthews in a charity match in 96.

Larry Zbyszko was the funniest, though. He's sitting at the commentary table slagging the luchadors off about how their style will finish them off and they wont be able to walk. All the while Larry is 42 and cant bump anymore, and all of them are still around now.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Backlund is an interesting one because he was in great shape but he'd been gone completely for years which made him feel like a relic and he was so utterly colourless that he just felt like someone from a bygone age even in the dour '93 WWF.

They missed a trick by not having him return as that joiner they teased in the vignettes.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

WWF always did that. Bret was world champion and Jake was like Stanley Matthews in a charity match in 96.

Yeah. They did their nut about "at 41 years old" of Jake but Bret was 39 when he came back at Survivors. If they wanted people to think you were too old for The New Generation, they mentioned your age, but if you were good enough, you were young enough.

It's all bollocks anyway. Ric Flair had his best year in the ring at 40.

• Paid Members

My heart fucking sank when I heard Bray was due to come back. Then I found out he's been paired up against (and beat) Corbin twice last week on the house shows. At that point I went digging through the shed to find where I left a rope. 

I really want Bray to be good, I really do. He's smart enough and creative enough to run with the same Southern nutter style gimmick but just lay off the religious side. He can show a lot of fire and has a move set with a ton of snap and energy. He needs a version of Foley's multiple persona shtick. Say his trip to the Mult-eye-verse has given him some new friends in his head. Give him some distinct mannerisms for when he's switching from personality to the next. I'd love him doing a version of Hulking up, laughing more hysterically as he gets lamped before going cold and unleashing a flurry of violence. Kind of like the Horde in Split. Update his music too to keep the spooky intro but go Into something more poppy.

Bin off his brother, though.

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

The Simon Dean character was initially supposed to be a Scientologist wasnt he? Wasnt it going to be the Church of Simonology? Might have even made it to TV, I have no clue. I wasnt watching during that period.

Maybe they were worried Tom Cruise and his mates would get involved?

Tyler Breeze. I know Fandango is currently injured but I feel he is so wasted doing nothing.

With Chad Gable also in no mans land (I don't think his thing with Roode works) I wouldn't mind throwing Breeze & Gable together, maybe change Breeze's gimmick slightly but potentially you got a good tag team there. Almost Edge & Christian in terms of how I think they could potentially go as characters at least. 

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, mim731 said:

I wondered with Gable if they're waiting to see if Jason Jordan can come back, and if he is likely to be able to return they'll throw AA back together once Roode inevitably turns on Gable. 

I think we won't see him back in a ring

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I dunno - if there's one organisation that I'd imagine wouldn't be afraid to out-litigate the Church of Scientology, it's WWE. 

Can you imagine how nuts that face off would be? It would typically end with Vince buying them out and Shane O’Mac broadcasting live from Flag Land Base, with a disgruntled looking Beck fumbling about in the background.