Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Let’s not forget that Hogan was nearly Mr Freeze, brother. They just ring Arnie first, that’s why he didn’t get it. Same with how George Foreman got the grill endorsement 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

But he was next on the call sheet for the original, brother.

Also, I don’t think Foreman’s was prone to bursting into flames

Missed the call because he was taking the kids to school, brother. Anyway, we all know when it comes to kitchen products there's only one to go with, and I pity the fool that doesn't agree:

Isn't the 'every wrestler was up for playing Ivan Drago' story a Terry Funk rib? I seem to recall that in Dynamite's book he said Funk, having acted alongside Sly in I think Paradise Alley, told Dan Spivey was up for the part and hired a private jet to take Spivey to LA - but never booked it for a return journey so Spivey was stranded. I also remember Dynamite saying he'd also been told by Funk that Stallone wanted him for the role! 

• Paid Members
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, wandshogun09 said:

I know wrestlers bullshit all the time, especially wrestlers from that 80s era, but I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that they at least looked at Nikita for the role. The Hogan examples are always going to crop up because Hogan’s full of more shite than a service station bog, I get that, but Nikita’s story doesn’t seem crazy to me. Only thing I thought he probably altered to fit his narrative was that he crushed the audition and only never got the role because he was so big. Rather than just admitting that Lundgren nailed it and was the better choice. Lundgren was perfect for the Drago character. 

According to this - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/creed-ii-how-dolph-lundgren-turned-a-monster-a-man-1162613 - the original plan was for Drago to be more of a beast, rather than a chiselled God. Lundgren was so right for it that they changed the plan around him.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

Isn't the 'every wrestler was up for playing Ivan Drago' story a Terry Funk rib? I seem to recall that in Dynamite's book he said Funk, having acted alongside Sly in I think Paradise Alley, told Dan Spivey was up for the part and hired a private jet to take Spivey to LA - but never booked it for a return journey so Spivey was stranded. I also remember Dynamite saying he'd also been told by Funk that Stallone wanted him for the role! 

I really hope it was, because that's one hell of a rib. I have heard the story of Koloff being auditioned for the part, though can't remember where.

IIRC, in Funk's book, he says that Kerry Von Erich auditioned but couldn't ever remember his lines. Funk also takes responsibility for recommending Hogan to Stallone, I think, and says that Vince Sr. had recommended Gorilla Monsoon for the part of Thunderlips.

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

A crazy fact, that nobody on earth seemed to know until a few minutes ago, DJZ designed the original ROH logo back in 2002.

DssfHC7WoAIrT-u.jpg

Crazy fact #2: People used to read the internet on paper before screens were invented.