PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

Just thinking how weird it is that WWE happened to have a title vacated and crowned a new champion on the exact same night they finished a major (by their standards) tournament to crown 'The Best in the World' and the two had nothing to do with each other. And not only that, but it wasn't even a talking point amongst anyone that they might.

Mainly, it just shows how little regard they put in their own titles. They could have added people to the tournament, made it a focus point of the night, all kinds of things. If they're going to have a champion that's not on TV, they could have even had Smackdown 'capture' the title, and have it go back to Raw at Survivor Series - which would have been shit, but at least episodic and not just resetting everything to the same status quo as six months ago. Instead, they're just so locked into their storylines, they just went for the simple, quiet fix and tried to move on as quickly as possible, in case something potentially interesting happens.

8 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Even more so. Vacant title going into Survivor Series. Deadly Game 2.0

But it's "the one night of the year where Raw & Smackdown superstars compete". You can't take that away for something as frivolous as the Universal Title.

38 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Even more so. Vacant title going into Survivor Series. Deadly Game 2.0

27 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

But it's "the one night of the year where Raw & Smackdown superstars compete". You can't take that away for something as frivolous as the Universal Title.

Saudis paid for a big title fight.

34 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Saudis paid for a big title fight.

Fair point. If only they had some major tournament planned to finish that night, that they could have made more prestigious.

EDIT - reading that back, it sounded like I was being sarcastic at you, rather than the booking. Not my intention.

Edited by Chris B
Clarifying unintentional rudeness. I'll clarify intentional rudeness if I ever need to.

52 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

And considering they already did a tournament for a vacant title at Survivor Series a couple of years ago when Rollins got injured and Reigns won it.

There's probably only you that remembers it though!

I had forgotten about it, but thinking back it was a horrible tournament. They really should have had a deadly games type of tournament then instead of what we ended up with.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

And considering they already did a tournament for a vacant title at Survivor Series a couple of years ago when Rollins got injured and Reigns won it.

I have literally zero recollection of this.

Is Hulk Hogan the official bandana king? The bloke was allowed to wear one in court for fucks sake. Is anyone more associated with the bandana than him? I'm taking Axl Rose here, too.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

4 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Bret Michaels? 

I dont think he's got a top half of his head, though. I think he lost it around 94, so I dont count him. He was in intensive care, in a coma, and still had it on.

20100513-tows-bret-michaels-5-640x360.jp