Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

Even more so. Vacant title going into Survivor Series. Deadly Game 2.0

27 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

But it's "the one night of the year where Raw & Smackdown superstars compete". You can't take that away for something as frivolous as the Universal Title.

Saudis paid for a big title fight.

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Saudis paid for a big title fight.

Fair point. If only they had some major tournament planned to finish that night, that they could have made more prestigious.

EDIT - reading that back, it sounded like I was being sarcastic at you, rather than the booking. Not my intention.

Edited by Chris B
Clarifying unintentional rudeness. I'll clarify intentional rudeness if I ever need to.

52 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

And considering they already did a tournament for a vacant title at Survivor Series a couple of years ago when Rollins got injured and Reigns won it.

There's probably only you that remembers it though!

I had forgotten about it, but thinking back it was a horrible tournament. They really should have had a deadly games type of tournament then instead of what we ended up with.

16 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I dont think he's got a top half of his head, though. I think he lost it around 94, so I dont count him. He was in intensive care, in a coma, and still had it on.

20100513-tows-bret-michaels-5-640x360.jp

He lost it when he nearly decapitated himself walking into that backdrop 

614D134B-5053-4085-AC27-4C8650D42BFA_zps

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Wrasslin said:

I have literally zero recollection of this.

It happened! 2015, I think. That Survivor Series where they thought ISIS might attack them. Del Rio was in the tournament, and the final might have been Ambrose vs. Reigns. No recollection of the fourth person in it on the night, nor anyone who lost a qualifier before Survivor Series. Reigns won then Sheamus cashed in MITB. They swapped the title back and forth a couple of times - this was during the 'Vince is out to get Reigns' period- and Roman had to defend it in the 2016 Rumble where AJ Styles debuted. Triple H won the Rumble and the title then Roman won at back at WrestleMania.

I'm impressed I remember any of it, to be honest! Most of this decade's a blur of not-much-happening-here for me.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

It happened! 2015, I think. That Survivor Series where they thought ISIS might attack them. Del Rio was in the tournament, and the final might have been Ambrose vs. Reigns. No recollection of the fourth person in it on the night, nor anyone who lost a qualifier before Survivor Series. Reigns won then Sheamus cashed in MITB. They swapped the title back and forth a couple of times - this was during the 'Vince is out to get Reigns' period- and Roman had to defend it in the 2016 Rumble where AJ Styles debuted. Triple H won the Rumble and the title then Roman won at back at WrestleMania.

I'm impressed I remember any of it, to be honest! Most of this decade's a blur of not-much-happening-here for me.

It was Roman vs Del Rio and Dean vs Kevin Owens as the semi finals at Survivor Series. I remember the Roman vs Dean match was shorter than anticipated, but good for the time it got. 

As for the qualifiers before Survivor Series, I recall both Kalisto and Tyler Breeze being involved.