Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

They've yet to remove someone who bragged on tape about committing sexual assault.

(Edit: Yes I know Marty Jannetty's not in the Hall of Fame.)

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members

They inducted Warrior, who was already on record as having said that Arabs "stink of patchouli oil". Unless it's massively high-profile cross-over guy like Hogan which would cause visible negative press, it's unlikely to faze them.

• Paid Members

Charlotte is such a smug cunt in the Evolution promo bumper. Why she's a babyface is beyond me. Runs she could have with Becky, Asuka, Naomi or almost any other babyface on the books would be great/better if she was a heel again. Not Sasha, that's been done to death and Sasha should be a heel. But imagine smug cunt Charlotte talking down to Bayley ahead of a title fight?

EDIT

Also, I bloody love the visual effects AND the cheesy dialogue in the 2K19 promo. Some cracking Survivors 89 stuff with that verbiage.

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members

A random thought, but bear with me.

So I've been working my way through the Preacher TV show over the past week or so, and it got me thinking about The Undertaker. I know it's been discussed before, but given he's winding down I'd love to see him go for the old gunslinger look, without the dye job and the eyeliner. He's really showing his age and the presentation of him seems like it could use a refresh.

The character "The Saint of Killers" from Preacher feels like template of where he could go with it (which is what brought it to mind), but obviously toned down slightly.

PREACHER_SOKSHORT.jpg

latest?cb=20160801034353

I know it's probably a moot point, but Taker rocking this would be quite the way to go out, and perhaps a little more befitting of his age and ability.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, mim731 said:

The character "The Saint of Killers" from Preacher feels like template of where he could go with it (which is what brought it to mind), but obviously toned down slightly.

4 hours ago, Accident Prone said:

350px-The_Saint_of_Killers_and_Jesse_Cus

Jesse Custer vs The Saint Of Killers is, in essence, the HBK vs Undertaker feud.

I was very reliably informed that the inspiration for the Saint of Killers' look in fact came from The Undertaker's.

• Paid Members

A83DB53C-0F1F-4125-98D6-2C69413D8F41.thumb.jpeg.6169cace02aa2e7dc1acb13b6acd6dfb.jpeg

968F83E3-6651-47C8-9D6D-A2E0589F9A40.thumb.jpeg.e231687e00ce784a72ccb547412cc11a.jpeg

They had a Halloween-themed NXT show tonight with guys like Ohno dressing as a T-Rex and EC3 and Drake Maverick dressing as Batman and Robin.

I wish they’d do daft stuff like this on Raw. Raw would be infinitely improved tomorrow if everyone wrestled in a Halloween costume.

On 26 October 2018 at 5:24 PM, mim731 said:

A random thought, but bear with me.

So I've been working my way through the Preacher TV show over the past week or so, and it got me thinking about The Undertaker. I know it's been discussed before, but given he's winding down I'd love to see him go for the old gunslinger look, without the dye job and the eyeliner. He's really showing his age and the presentation of him seems like it could use a refresh.

PREACHER_SOKSHORT.jpg

May have been a good look for Elias if he continued down the path of the Drifter character. Not sure it would fit in with his guitar playing now though.

• Paid Members

I'm watching every PPV of 2007 because honestly, I didn't watch much WWE for a couple of years and 2007 is the year I watched least - the Rumble and the two title matches from Mania is all I can remember watching. I'm up to Judgment Day and my prevailing thought is ; as bad as I think Michael Cole is at play by play these days, its a much better listen than the CONSTANT berating he suffered on these shows from JBL. It's brutal, it's frequent and often he raises his voice like a parent scolding a child. It's fucking awful.