Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

"I'll be your hero ... wo-o-oah"

Fantastic angle that. Was years before I saw it. I only saw the clips in the videos at SummerSlam. I love it as a standalone angle but I adore the whole Lex Express story. The visual on the Intrepid, the chopper and the slam by Lex and his posing in his jeans are tremendous.

Did it get over? I've never been sure. Did it flop before SummerSlam, hence the terrible finish, or was that fucking count and Lex celebrating like an idiot the moment it all came crashing down and hurt inside?

• Paid Members

You should check out Bruce Prichard's podcast "Something To Wrestle With", the Lex Luger in the WWF episode. He goes into a lot of detail about it, but his main contention is that the Lex Express was actually an excellent idea, utilising the same method politicians do, travelling from town to town to drum up grassroots support, especially as Hogan was still so fresh in the mind - but the problem with it was Lex himself; he really didn't want to go out and meet fans, and apparently it came across quite clearly in the meetings with the fans.

44 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The Lex Express is probably the one gimmick I've wanted to rip off or parody more than any other. I love it. 

Northern Rail male who keeps missing or arriving late for his matches thanks to cancellations. 

• Awards Moderator
20 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Northern Rail male who keeps missing or arriving late for his matches thanks to cancellations. 

Luckily his regular promotions always have a Replacement Wrestler Service in operation. He doesn’t work half as well but he’ll do the job.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Luckily his regular promotions always have a Replacement Wrestler Service in operation. He doesn’t work half as well but he’ll do the job.

It's not Mass Transit is it??