PowerButchi

Random Thoughts III.

I read this in a comments section earier.

"I don't understand why Cody Rhodes gets such heat.  His heel work has been amazing this year"

Dude.

Gotta give him a cheer for his quality heel work, haven't you? He deserves it. *clap* *clap* *clap, clap, clap*

On 5/15/2018 at 10:59 AM, Silky Kisser said:

I've only watched 2 episodes so far (38 and 39) and it's the complete polar opposite of today's Raw. The matches are largely crap (Although there was a sweet Booker T/Scott Steiner match on 39) and everything in between seems to be random, erratic and full of chaos. The type of stuff that would give Vince a heart attack just thinking about. However, it's just such a fun watch and I'm really enjoying it. 

I think you've pretty much encapsulated why I find wrestling, on the whole, to be so dreary and depressing these days. Not to mention ridiculously over produced...

A large part of the fanbase seems to want it to be a sporting event, whereas what I want in my wrestling is the polar opposite. Bloody vanilla midgets!

Edited by garynysmon

On 5/2/2018 at 1:18 PM, WeeAl said:

I've never watched any of WrestleMania 4. Every time I thought about doing it, I remembered the terrible reviews it had so I thought 'nah, I'll watch something else.' Recently I've listened to the episodes of Wrestle Me and Something To Wrestle, that have been based on 'Mania 4, and now I'm morbidly curious. Should I be thankful that I've been lucky enough to avoid it and continue to stay well clear? Or should I give it a viewing for any possible shits and giggles that I could get from watching it? 

Thinking of the massive VHS box makes it more appealing somehow.

Just got into "wrasslin podcasts" and two things pop up frequently that bug me.

1. Arn Anderson wasn't that great. Unless his standing next to Flair nobody gives a fuck about him and his dad bod no matter how real he looked or how he could sell a injury. Corny trying to sell him above Sid just floored me.

2. Owen Hart wasn't anywhere near Bret level. The whole well he was more athletic argument people use to put him near Bret is stupid. Like Arn, if not standing with a certain person (Bret) wasn't anywhere near the level people like to think. 

Edited by Fox Piss

Like which period? 

I remember you could hear a pin drop around 93-94 watching him. I wouldn't say i have a intense knowledge off his career but that doesn't bode well for greatest upper mid card guy ever. 

Arn was tremendous. I reckon ten yeats ago, I may have been in mild agreement due to his look (facially anyway, he had a great wrestler's bod) and thinking he was background to Flair.

He's obviously a super worker but I've come to realise he's the most under appreciated promo in the business. He's superb. He has some incredible lines but poise and tone that are off the chart.

He was clearly pigeon-holed and never really had a shot at rising above it which is a shame. 

And fucking hell, Sid couldn't lace his boots. He had a better look and all and fit the WWF better but I can't think of anytime he was ever worthy of a shove above AA in NWA/WCW.

Arn could cut a promo and a half. Had great solid matches from the start to the end if his in-ring career.  As for Owen I thought his heel work in 94 was wonderful I agree that he wasn't a solid main eventer like Bret but he was very very good. And in ring excellent . But seriously I'm pretty convinced your trying (and succeeding) to get a rise out of everyone on here

It's amazing looking back at the match that the WWF managed to convince the Warrior to do a job to Sgt Slaughter who was 400lbs and finished about six months previously.

21 hours ago, theironshake said:

Arn could cut a promo and a half. Had great solid matches from the start to the end if his in-ring career.  As for Owen I thought his heel work in 94 was wonderful I agree that he wasn't a solid main eventer like Bret but he was very very good. And in ring excellent . But seriously I'm pretty convinced your trying (and succeeding) to get a rise out of everyone on here

I'm really not. 

Especially when you've agreed with 1 part of my 2 "Random Thoughts"

I see what Rick's saying and it's the general vibe looking back on A.A I've noticed through interviews and podcasts. I'm not sold though but i'l keep even more a eye on A.A when on the Network. 

Anybody think he ever sold a ticket when not with Flair?

On 5/28/2018 at 8:02 PM, The King Of Swing said:

Arn Anderson is one of the greatest upper midcard guys ever. Maybe greatest.

One of the most believable wrestlers ever.

Oh wow. Who is in this tier? 

Edited by Fox Piss

1 hour ago, Fox Piss said:

Anybody think he ever sold a ticket when not with Flair?

There's no "think" about it. He and Tully used to sell out buildings defending the tag titles on top. Unless "with Flair" means "in the Horsemen," which it shouldn't, because the people were still buying their tickets to watch Arn Anderson wrestle.

A random thought indeed popped into my head today - what would a 3-hour NXT "all-star" PPV show be like? An event in a decent arena with past and present NXT stars up against each other for one night only. I'm trying to think who would get on the card, what the main event would be, and if it'd even work.