Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I've never watched any of WrestleMania 4. Every time I thought about doing it, I remembered the terrible reviews it had so I thought 'nah, I'll watch something else.' Recently I've listened to the episodes of Wrestle Me and Something To Wrestle, that have been based on 'Mania 4, and now I'm morbidly curious. Should I be thankful that I've been lucky enough to avoid it and continue to stay well clear? Or should I give it a viewing for any possible shits and giggles that I could get from watching it? 

• Paid Members

I've not seen it for years other than the main event which I've seen a load of times. I don't recall there being a lot of shits and giggles. It's just interminably dull and booked appallingly.

• Awards Moderator
44 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I've never watched any of WrestleMania 4. Every time I thought about doing it, I remembered the terrible reviews it had so I thought 'nah, I'll watch something else.' Recently I've listened to the episodes of Wrestle Me and Something To Wrestle, that have been based on 'Mania 4, and now I'm morbidly curious. Should I be thankful that I've been lucky enough to avoid it and continue to stay well clear? Or should I give it a viewing for any possible shits and giggles that I could get from watching it? 

Have it as background watching. So put it on while you're doing something else, then you can poke your head up when DiBiase, Macho, Eucker, Trump or Andre appear. Otherwise it's pretty boring.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

In order to get the most out of the Network, myself, Ebb and a few mates have created something we call 'Not Booked Club'. Basically a book club for watching Wrestling over WhatsApp messenger. 

We pick an event, set a deadline date to watch, make a few notes/observations as to what we liked or disliked then talk about it via WhatsApp in our wrestling group. We've done a few WWE PPV's and have now decided to go through the 83 weeks that Nitro beat Raw. 

I've only watched 2 episodes so far (38 and 39) and it's the complete polar opposite of today's Raw. The matches are largely crap (Although there was a sweet Booker T/Scott Steiner match on 39) and everything in between seems to be random, erratic and full of chaos. The type of stuff that would give Vince a heart attack just thinking about. However, it's just such a fun watch and I'm really enjoying it. 

I kinda wish things were still like this. 

• Paid Members
On 5/15/2018 at 10:59 AM, Silky Kisser said:

I've only watched 2 episodes so far (38 and 39) and it's the complete polar opposite of today's Raw. The matches are largely crap (Although there was a sweet Booker T/Scott Steiner match on 39) and everything in between seems to be random, erratic and full of chaos. The type of stuff that would give Vince a heart attack just thinking about. However, it's just such a fun watch and I'm really enjoying it. 

I think you've pretty much encapsulated why I find wrestling, on the whole, to be so dreary and depressing these days. Not to mention ridiculously over produced...

A large part of the fanbase seems to want it to be a sporting event, whereas what I want in my wrestling is the polar opposite. Bloody vanilla midgets!

Edited by garynysmon