Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

Listening to Ho99o9's related artists on Spotify and up pops 1539 N. Calvert by Jpegmafia, there's a really clean sounding sample of "You think you know me" from the original Edge theme. Where would one get that? It's not distorted like the one from the original song or anything.

• Paid Members

Test should have won the WWF Title at Survivor Series 1999. Always thought Test got screwed by the HHH/Steph story but hindsight onfused me into thinking it wasn't a bad thing. Watching 1999 Test was even better than I remembered at the time. Great size, good look, great work with Steph, Shane and the MSP. His work wasn't wonderful but good enough. As a character he was ten times more interesting than Triple H that summer. He should have won the title and had the match with Tripe at Armageddon. Even if he dropped it back in early 2000, he'd have had momentum and not looked like a pussy. And then who knows what they'd have had. He certainly wouldn't have needed a tag team with Albert within 6 months.

Triple H knows how to be charming and how to come across as likeable (so did Ted Bundy) but no amount of public relations will change the fact that he was a complete dickhead when he was an active wrestler.

Himself and Shawn Michaels campaigned for him to replace Rock in the WM 99 main event but Vince and Austin held firm.

Aside from Test, other guys he famously cut the legs off from under include Kurt in 2000, RVD in 2002 and Goldberg in 2003.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

Aside from Test, other guys he famously cut the legs off from under include Kurt in 2000, RVD in 2002 and Goldberg in 2003.

Let’s not forget UKFF favourite Scotty Steiner in the first quarter of 2013, too.

1 minute ago, Your Fight Site said:

Let’s not forget UKFF favourite Scotty Steiner in the first quarter of 2013, too.

What could have been done with Steiner though?

I know people say they should have protected him better and not exposed him by having him go past 25 minutes, but surely he would have been exposed sooner or later; I'm not sure they could have found a way to hold off on a HHH/Steiner clash with a satisfactory conclusion until WM either.

Pity he went downhill so fast as he was a gripping presence in latter-day WCW.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Test should have won the WWF Title at Survivor Series 1999. Always thought Test got screwed by the HHH/Steph story but hindsight onfused me into thinking it wasn't a bad thing. Watching 1999 Test was even better than I remembered at the time. Great size, good look, great work with Steph, Shane and the MSP. His work wasn't wonderful but good enough. As a character he was ten times more interesting than Triple H that summer. He should have won the title and had the match with Tripe at Armageddon. Even if he dropped it back in early 2000, he'd have had momentum and not looked like a pussy. And then who knows what they'd have had. He certainly wouldn't have needed a tag team with Albert within 6 months.

I don't know if I'd go that far (I love the Vince/HHH feud and it was the first time Triple H actually looked like a main eventer) but they definitely dropped the ball on Test. He was a ready made upper mid card star. Them having so little for him to do after the Stephanie turn was criminal.

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, NoUseforaUsername said:

What could have been done with Steiner though?

I know people say they should have protected him better and not exposed him by having him go past 25 minutes, but surely he would have been exposed sooner or later; I'm not sure they could have found a way to hold off on a HHH/Steiner clash with a satisfactory conclusion until WM either.

Pity he went downhill so fast as he was a gripping presence in latter-day WCW.

I wouldn't have put him straight in a main event programme when he was walking around on Marty Jannetty ankles, for a start.

• Paid Members

I’ve just found the card for the first ever WWE event I ever attended. I wish I still had the photos. Interestingly, there were anti-wrestling protesters outside of the building handing out flyers about how horrid wrestling is, using the Sid/Arn/scissor incident as a reason. Anyway, fun card:

WWF @ Newcastle, England - Whitley Bay Ice Rink - December 3, 1993
Adam Bomb defeated Virgil
The Smoking Gunns defeated the Red & Black Knight (the Brooklyn Brawler & Barry Horowitz)
Tatanka defeated Diesel
The 1-2-3 Kid defeated Rick Martel
WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon defeated IRS
Randy Savage defeated Shawn Michaels
The Undertaker defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna via disqualification

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

Not sure if this is in the Rumble thread as I’m avoiding spoilers, but has anyone noticed the theme music is Roy Jays slither tune?

Slither hither, it's a sample of 'Vehicle' by The Idles of March... SPOOK!