Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

I presume that includes house shows? Because the put him on commentary on Smackdown & Main Event when Jey was out injured, and IIRC he didn’t wrestle on TV during that whole period. May be wrong, mind.

14 hours ago, The Dart said:

Just read an interesting statistic that Jimmy Uso has been in the main roster longer than anyone else without taking any time off.  24 days is the longest he’s gone without a match, which was probably when Jey was injured.

24 days off without a match is time off though, surely?

Skimming through William Regal's book and get to the part about Sid and Arn's scissorfight. Regal says accounts of it were in all the national papers the next day. Why is it then that I've never found any paper clippings online referring to it and scarcely any other official accounts?

According to Regal it happened in Blackburn, which seems to be the common consensus but I have also read accounts of it happening in Germany.

There's a famous headline about one of John Gotti's trials in the 80's, "I FORGOTTI", referring to a victim failing to give testimony about one of Gotti's crimes on the stand, which is another white whale of mine; never saw a pic of said headline, but it did happen.

LOL at the anecdote about Regal, Austin and Foley unwittingly larking about on a beach full of homosexuals, or "shirtlifters" as Regal calls them.

Sid/Arn happened in Germany [or] England, Some quotes from those who saw it go down, this refers to an incident in Frankfurt (?)

https://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/sid-arn/

edit: weirdly there's two versions of this story, one where it happened in Germany, the other in England.

* There are many versions of this story out there, including various reported dates and locations where this incident took place. Some sites report that this happened in England while 2 Cold Scorpio says it happened in Frankfurt, Germany.

As no police report/charges were filed it seems there's why there's an alternate story and 2Cold said it happened in Germany. Unless they had a confrontation there which continued over into England where the incident really went down.

March 25, 1986: Charges dropped against Gotti in parking space fight after witness refuses to identify him. "I FORGOTTI!" reads the front page of the New York Post.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gottis-life-by-the-numbers/

Edited by Really Big Shoe

2 minutes ago, theironshake said:

It happened in Blackburn they were on the 'Halloween Havoc' tour. I went to the Birmingham NIA leg. Infact im sure it happened in a travel lodge

Correct, although to be precise it was the Moat House Hotel in Blackburn.

According to Fin Martin’s book anyhow.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

I'm sure the rum and cokes and whiskey and cokes have contributed to it, but I experienced a whole gamut of emotions watching the Flair 30 For 30. Awe, pride, tears, sadness.

I was surprised Hogan said that Flair is much better than him and when people say Hogan paved the way he feels it's all Flair. 

Has there ever been a greater world champion? Not in my eyes.

It also made me fall back in love with wrestling a bit. I follow what's going on in current wrestling but it doesn't really do it with me on an emotional level. I'm lucky enough to have a fuck ton of wrestling in the past that I've never watched. World Class really appeals to me but I'll certainly check out more Flair, Dusty and Horsemen too.

Edited by Sphinx