Random Thoughts III.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

As we were discussing Tim Storm in here, and lieu of an NWA revival thread, this happened at the CZW show on Saturday, apparently:

Nick Aldis beat Storm for the NWA title. Presume this will be covered in the new 10 Pounds of Gold, and they go for the rubber match as a big deal

Edited by mim731
Spoiler accident

• Paid Members
18 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Is Fludder on his way to the promoters house with Masters to get the letters back?

I nearly choked on my lunch when I read this. 

• Paid Members

Caught the repeat of Countdown this morning on Channel 4, there was a guy called Steve on it who was a wrestler. I didn't recognise him, he also lost, but there was a joke about "taking a Countdown teapot into the ring, that'll cause some damage". 

• Paid Members

I haven't watched Raw and Smackdown much since Survivor Series, just a few clips on Youtube or whatever. Out of interest, has that insanely shit finish to the Survivor Series main event had any type of consequences? Was it literally just to kick start Kurt Angle and Triple H being slightly miffed with one another? Was that all that was achieved when everyone was made to look a twat? Did Shane even reference Triple H turning on him?

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I haven't watched Raw and Smackdown much since Survivor Series, just a few clips on Youtube or whatever. Out of interest, has that insanely shit finish to the Survivor Series main event had any type of consequences? Was it literally just to kick start Kurt Angle and Triple H being slightly miffed with one another? Was that all that was achieved when everyone was made to look a twat? Did Shane even reference Triple H turning on him?

In a word ... no.

• Paid Members

Watching a random Prime Time episode from 1989 and Gorilla annpunces the first match will be Rugged Ronnie Garvin vs. Dino Bravo. I got a cold shiver down my spine. Can't imagine ever hearing anything worse in wrestling. I think I'd prefer "And introducing the higher power ... Vince Russo" or "And the new World Wrestling Federation Champion ... Hacksaw Jim Duggan".

Fuck me, even "Recipient of the Warrior award for 2018 ... Chris Benoit" would be preferable.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, tiger_rick said:

Watching a random Prime Time episode from 1989 and Gorilla annpunces the first match will be Rugged Ronnie Garvin vs. Dino Bravo. I got a cold shiver down my spine. Can't imagine ever hearing anything worse in wrestling. I think I'd prefer "And introducing the higher power ... Vince Russo" or "And the new World Wrestling Federation Champion ... Hacksaw Jim Duggan".

Fuck me, even "Recipient of the Warrior award for 2018 ... Chris Benoit" would be preferable.

At least it wasn't the main event. Imagine what the undercard of that one is.