Getting Turned on by Torvill and Dean

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

Newcastle's lights are being turned on by "one lucky member of the crowd". What a disappointment!

Is it? This thread had me searching but I couldn't find out who it was. I know the mayor will be on stage with some pop idol esque rags.

One lucky member of the crowd eh? Well I hope it rains and short circuits.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We get the absolute shittest people. We have a combo of some actress off Eastenders who shagged the ginger and someone with a beard from The Voice. Usually we have whatever manager has at the time, like Steve Bruce or Gus Poyet. But Moyes doesnt exactly have the face that screams Christmas spirit. He'd probably suck the juice out of the electricity of one of our many Pound Shops.

Yet they had Kevin Ball turning on the 'lights' (pretty sure they were just nicked from B&M) for Pallion of all places!

There was supposed to be a concert with a few local bands from 5pm, and then the light turn on at 7pm on the main shopping street here in Dublin. Too many people turned up though cos the weather was unseasonably decent, so fearing a crush, the council just stuck the lights on at 6:48pm, set off some fake snow and told everyone go home.

Crewe one ended up being "OK". A decent turn out for what normally is one of those "Oh was that last night?" type deals. Plus we had some sort of Christmas Market set up, and of the shops left in the town center, they stayed open late as well, so had a good atmosphere. Event had fireworks once the lights went on, so was alright.

Plus I managed to get a Bratwurst of the market, so I was happy.

When If they die, the switching on of the lights in heaven will be a 6 hour to me-to you routine.

They've been falsely accused of carking it so many times I think they're now immortal under double jeopardy laws.

• Paid Members

When If they die, the switching on of the lights in heaven will be a 6 hour to me-to you routine.

They've been falsely accused of carking it so many times I think they're now immortal under double jeopardy laws.

I hope that when they're on death's door, they legally change their names to Barrington Chuckle and the Japanese name that were in the hoax.

Being from Rotherham you can't move without tripping over one of the Chuckle Brothers round here. They appeared at my school in around 1990 and posed for pictures with all the kids wearing jumpers made of what felt like wire wool. Barry used to pick his prescription meds up from the Boots in town when my mum worked there and was generally in a rush and a bit of a twat. My mate helped Paul carry a large box when he worked in Wickes and was given a death stare when he inadvertently said "to me" to him. Another mate went camping with Paul and allegedly he gets the face on if he's woken up before 10am.

Gus, your avatar is a thing of beauty fella.

Archived