What are you thankful for in wrestling?

HarmonicGenerator

Thankful that British wrestling continues to get better and shows no sign of letting up.

The Network and many other promotions being so accessible. So easy to follow a number of promotions these days, being able to support them and it not being that expensive.

AJ Styles being the face that runs the place.

Yeah and Goldberg. Loved every minute of his comeback so far.

The Network, first and foremost. It's made my perception on wrestling so skewered and mental. Usually by the second segment of Raw when the bell rings for that first match and I hear "AWWWWWWWWST. LOUISSSSSSSSSS!!!!" I entertain myself with thoughts that I'm done with this entire entertainment format, it wears me out that much sometimes. Then I'll forego Raw, open up the Network, hop onto the three way cage match from Breakdown or Vince's Capital Carnage speech about prime ministers of Pakistani extraction and I realise I probably love wrestling more than ever and will never get sick of it.

Enough vintage content exists now with a peppering of current indies and WWE at it's best moments to sustain an appetite for weekly wrestling that's more voracious than ever even though at times it seems like WWE is at it's worst.

Then I watch Smackdown Live and though it's the funky fresh hip kid in town now on the internet it really does go down so smooth with me. So I'm thankful for Smackdown Live.

I'm thankful for AJ Styles because even though a blasphemy law probably exists somewhere against the intentional severity of this comment, by christ he seems to be turning into their new Shawn Michaels.

I'm thankful that Chris Jericho and The Miz are on a creative roll at the moment and always makes me smile.

I'm thankful that for all the flack they get on here the Kevin Owens and Seth Rollins of the world are still generally exemplary performers trying their best. I'm thankful the big bastards still come back every so often as well. This year I'm going to conspire to go back to being as much of a mark as I can, relinquish all discussions on the state of the crowds and the handling of trying to make the next breakout stars and just enjoy the product for what it is because two hours of brilliance are more than easy to extract a week.

I'm thankful Daniel Bryan done that speech with his head held high, dwarfing Flair and Edge's speeches and creating a monument that'll always be there to remind me it's possible to emote with this stuff and it's not all pointless why did you put Melanie Pillman on TV shit. I hope he is of sound mind and body and gets to be an awesome dad.

I'm thankful I'm still excited for whats to come. We say it every year but there can be no more waiting around. The future's already showed up and the WWE were not ready for it. They've got to make chicken salad now and heat this sucker up again.

• Paid Members

I'm thankful for Seth Rollins' occasional red-lining 4 incher pictures making their way around the internet, making Billy Gunn and I feel like Hulk Hogan by comparison.

I'm also thankful Goldberg, AJ Styles and Chris Jericho, with occasional nuggets from Enzo, have all tried to make WWE not seem so pedestrian. Plus, Matt Hardy.

NXT continues to be glorious, so much so, it's weird that it's produced by the same people that churn out Raw. The big stars rarely lose and are kept strong, which is why you see the reaction from the fans after their last main event.

I'm thankful for Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens being great together. I hope their act is still going by the spring as they're who I'm most looking forward to seeing live. New Day as well.

I'm thankful for The Miz managing to be a great heel in the current environment.

I'm thankful for James Ellsworth living the dream.

I'm thankful for Shinsuke Nakamura's entrance.

I'm thankful for Becky Lynch and Charlotte raising the game in the women's divisions.

I'm thankful for Roman Reigns still causing tantrums.

I'm thankful for credit card companies being stupid enough to let me go to WrestleMania the year it's in the city I've always wanted to go to.

I'm thankful for AJ Styles being great.

I'm thankful for Braun Strowman rocking it as an old-school monster.

I'm thankful for Breezango.

NXT continues to be glorious, so much so, it's weird that it's produced by the same people that churn out Raw. The big stars rarely lose and are kept strong, which is why you see the reaction from the fans after their last main event.

It's not produced by the same people really, though. Its production and creative teams are different, and there's no weirdness to its good points in comparison to the big shows. NXT gets to protect its stars by having no real ratings pressure on it and being so short. It's designed to be completely niche.

WWE Network for me, still the best tenner I spend each month.

AJ Styles coming to WWE, and being simply incredible.

The Brian Kendrick's comeback. Whilst I do expect the cruiserweight division to go badly wrong on TV, I've enjoyed Kendrick playing the wily old vet having one final shot perfectly.

Certain matches this year reminding me how great wrestling can be.

The Undertaker. Always have been, always will be.

Finally, WWE allowing John Cena to take more of a back seat and not him being front-and-centre of everything they do.

• Paid Members

Following on from the above I'm thankful that there is and will be life after John Cena. I haven't missed him of late. Which is something I didn't think would have been possible a year ago.

That's not a bad thing, his five star matches probably outnumber anyones in the last ten years.

If he takes on a part time schedule and others are allowed to shine around him then WWE is in good hands the next few years.

• Paid Members

I'm thankful for the network. It's absolutely brilliant. What a great thing it is.

I'm thankful for the NXT Takeover events. They are consistently brilliant and the weekly show is probably the only thing I can spare the time to follow.

Not to mention, I'm thank for wrestling, cuttin' and struttin'.

Reading this I must use the network the least of anyone on here. I probably only watch the odd ppv on it, even gone off NXT lately

I'm thankful that the Scottish scene getting good enough that I can be at a live show each weekend if I want to. Really reignited my passion for wrestling through being live at shows.

• Paid Members

it's gotta be The Network, Youtube and the rise of Podcasts. You way you consume things is changing and the sheer amount of content being thrown your way as a fan of anything these days is just overwhelming, but i love it. I'm actually thankful that it's happening at this stage in my life because if i had this as a teenager i probably would never have left the house.

Archived