UFC on FOX: VanZant vs Waterson - Dec 17

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Can't see how he gets a win, but I really hope we don't see Pickett retire after this. I want to see that bastard fight in London next year.

It says a lot about international cards actually. Here we have a Fox card, with Faber retiring on a home show and it's third down on the lineup. If Pickett were to do the same and announce a retirement fight on the London card, there's every chance they make that the main event.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see how he gets a win, but I really hope we don't see Pickett retire after this. I want to see that bastard fight in London next year.

At the Q&A in Belfast last month, he said he's thinking about making it on to the London card and having that as his last fight in his hometown.

• Paid Members

It says a lot about international cards actually. Here we have a Fox card, with Faber retiring on a home show and it's third down on the lineup. If Pickett were to do the same and announce a retirement fight on the London card, there's every chance they make that the main event.

There's no way in hell that would happen Chunk. 

• Paid Members

Why not? Because the quality of cards in London has been so high in the past? Discounting the Bisping / Silva anomaly, I don't think it's a huge stretch depending on opponent. They'll sell out the O2 pretty much no matter what, so I wouldn't be amazed if it happens.

Edit: the last two shows in London he's fought third and fourth down on a 4 fight main card. He could easily co main event and given the situation and the right opponent I'm sticking with saying he could main event.

• Paid Members

Yeah it's a bit of a tossup really. But my thinking is Northcutt is a lightweight going up to welterweight. His only loss was at welterweight. And the only times we've seen him in trouble were in grappling exchanges - the Barberena submission loss and the armbar scare at UFC 200 against Marin. And Gall's a natural welterweight and a BJJ brown belt.

I know Sage's loss was partly down to him being sick against Barberena but still, it's a fact that the times we've seen him in trouble were against guys who were trying to submit him. And Gall fits that description.

The only thing making me have doubts on Gall is that he's still so green. Whatever you say about Northcutt, it's undeniable that this is Gall's first real test in his career. 99% of the roster would've smoked CM Punk and Mike Jackson. This is Gall's first real opponent, regardless of Sage coming up in weight for it, he's still a tougher and more dangerous test than anyone Gall's fought yet.

But I don't know, I've got a feeling Gall rises to the challenge here.

• Paid Members

They look like the blandest people ever. One of those dull couples you see on facebook who seemingly just go to the gym & nothing else. Grilled chicken & brown rice for every meal & missionary sex with the light off.

Archived