UFC Fight Pass: The Black Beast vs Abdurakhimov - Dec 9

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Good little card all the fights were exciting until the main event. Ngannaou looked good in that two minutes, he would submit anyone with that kimora. Black beast looked below average until he got on top in the 4th and his GNP is scary, the card helped being only 4 fights and them all being 205 or above non of them dragged apart from the main event. Black Beast Vs Ngannou has to happen both are huge with scary power.

• Paid Members

Only just getting round to watching this. That Villante vs Safarov fight! Jesus that Safarov's tough. It was sloppy as fuck and Safarov fights like a drunk but it was so much fun to watch. No doubt way better than the original Villante vs Cummins fight would've been.

I really like Francis Ngannou. It's way too early to be talking him up as some world beater but he's exciting to watch so far and he looks the business. He's a rare breath of fresh air in a division that's mostly relying on fading names bar a few guys.

Beast vs Abdurakhimov was pretty terrible until Lewis decided he had better shit to do and put an end to it. The finish was good stuff. Just a shame it came after 3 and a half rounds of shit.

I still love the Beast though. If for nothing else than his quote in the pre fight video...

"Win, lose or draw there's gonna be a finish."

:laugh:

• Paid Members

I picked up on that quote too. The Black Beast is a few smarties short of a tube for sure.

The fight itself was poor. I actually thought Abdurakhimov was fighting a smart fight, he won the first three rounds and was basically warned for not standing in front of The Beast, thought it was a little harsh.

The Black Beast is limited as hell but he's got an X-Factor with that power. Beast/Ngannou seems like a no brainer to me.

The opener was absolute madness. Safarov looked soft as hell but he was nails, i winced every time Villante kicked that leg. I'll be more than happy to see him back, crazy Russian bastard.

• Paid Members

The only problem with putting Lewis up against Ngannou, and while it does seem a perfectly sensible match up, is they are both fairly fresh blood in the division. I'd use the older guys in the division to match them up with. That way the division can start to freshen up a bit should they win, or an older fighter will have scored a big boost by slaying the up and comers.

Fights with Mark Hunt, Josh Barnett, Travis Browne, Andrei Arlovski or Ben Rothwell next would be the way I would go.

• Paid Members

possibly yeah, it would be nice to see certain guys pushed away from that top 10. It feels like the top 10 has been the same way for ages, it's a tough nut to crack and like you said it's probably down to the UFC continually matches them against each other rather than see lower ranked guys get a crack. I'm down to see either guy matched up with any of them.

Archived