UFC 207: Nunes vs Rousey

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her dad killed himself because he broke his back skiing and was going to be a paraplegic for the rest of his life, with young children, I guess he didn't want to put them through that.

Matt Brown is a former Heroin addict who probably has daily feelings about getting back on the stuff, while he's winning or losing but probably more when he loses.

She is someone who is not used to losing, she got beat and beat bad, you can see why she wanted time alone. You never know how one will react to losing in her position, it could be the end or did she just mess up in her last fight? There is no doubt through the build up to the fight against Holm, she thought she could out box her from her long endued boxing training for a couple of years, but most know against a multiple time boxing world champion that would not be the case, besides what her camp might try and tell her.

We just don't know, I don't think it's a case of she gets hit and it's over, I go with Rousey by submission in the first round.

She trained for half her life in Judo and didn't get a gold medal (at the Olympics), so she should be used to losing, she might not like it (who does) but she has probably lost numerous Judo tournaments before she even got the Bronze at the Olympics.

• Paid Members

Must be said too, that Rousey looks in phenomenal shape going into this. Apparently she's currently walking around at 140lbs, where as before she's be in the 150s about this time, which led to her turning up at the weigh-ins looking a bit Featherweight McGregor. She didn't look in the best of shapes, conditioning-wise, for the Holm fight.

• Paid Members

Fuck, that video is so well done. Felt like the trailer to a movie or something. Like Rocky's branching out and training MMA fighters now. Balls to Creed Jr. Sly's setting Ronda up as his new Adrian.

But Dave's right. Edmond is certainly no Mickey Goldmill.

• Paid Members

14-3 for Cain over Werdum currently in the poll.

A lot of people putting a ton of stock into that high altitude in the first fight. Because Werdum took Cain to school that night. Everywhere. Took some big shots, answered back with better shots, and outstruck Cain to the point Cain's own corner were telling him to take a world champion in BJJ down. That's how bad the fight was going for Cain. THEN he submitted him.

I know Werdum wasn't supposed to win that fight but it wasn't like he fluked it. He battered Cain in the standup and left Cain no choice but to play Werdum's game on the ground. That can't be all down to the altitude IMO. And Werdum was fighting the altitude as well.

Cain's already said he's got surgery scheduled for after this fight as well - he looked frightening against Browne, but if the age old issue of injuries is continuing to plague him then I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Werdum take this one.

Winner goes on to fight Stipe, and I'd quite like to see the loser against Barnett.

• Paid Members

Wand, for me, whilst the altitude was a big reason for his poor performance, I actually think the fact he was coming off a really long lay off after multiple injuries (whilst pulling out of fight(s?)) was a huge factor.

He looked rusty as fuck.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I think ring rust probably had more to do with it than the altitude. The altitude thing got overplayed as an excuse, I think. Everyone on the card had to deal with the altitude and assuming Cain had visited Mexico before, he'd have known full well that the air is different there.

Still though, when you look at this fight on paper, while I could certainly see Cain winning, I don't really get why the first fight pretty much just got chalked up as a fluke and that Cain will wreck him this time. Cain's wrestling, and the threat of his wrestling, has been such a massive and integral part of his game forever. But Werdum is the last man in the heavyweight division you want to take down. He's probably got the best guard ever in heavyweight MMA, one of the most lethal guards in the game full stop regardless of weight class. He won't fear Cain's takedown, he'll welcome it. And I wouldn't be sure Cain wins a standup fight either. Werdum got the better of him on the feet the first time, he knocked out Mark Hunt with a flying knee and he completely clowned and outstruck Travis Browne for a total 8 rounds over their two fights. He's no-one to overlook in the striking.

It's a fairly tough call this. I'm certainly not counting Cain out. But I don't get this thinking that Cain will smash him this time just because it's not in Mexico. When you actually look at the styles and how they match up, it's far from straight forward for Cain and I actually think Werdum is one of the trickiest opponents out there for Cain. There's no safe area in the fight for Cain and his biggest weapon - his wrestling - which everything else is tied into, might be redundant due to Werdum's BJJ.

Archived