The drugs don't work.

The Gaffer

AKA 'other people's drug stories are fucking boring'.

I wanted to answer these posts in the U.S. election thread and figure it's more polite to do a nauseating drug thread rather than derail the other with groove talk:

Possibly a grounds for a different topic, but RE:acid, whats the whole thing with that?

I've had friends tell me "oh man, I was seeing goblins etc", where as I've had other more reliable sources tell me that's pure bollocks

Never tried Acid but if it's anything like this suggests then I want some http://i.imgur.com/stDyCnD.gifv

Hopefully someone can confirm.

It's quite a subjective experience generally but for me acid can only really conjure brand new things into being on very high doses, and at that point your more likely to be on some weird carousel of arbitrary imagery rather than your goblins and unicorns typically depicted. In general I find it just morphs what's already there. Shit melts and breaths, you're having 100 useless thoughts at once that you keep forgetting you've just had and you kind of see lag trail off movements. There's majestic bits like finding geometric self replicating universes on the woodchip of your shitty 90s wallpaper too but that's generally the minute to minute gist of it.

Now then... over to you. Any messed up drug stories? Have you a favourite drug? Did you recently have a puff again only to wonder why you had to spend 10 minutes doing a Vincent Vega get-it-together in the bathroom? Is all this just a waste of time and you've bedded down with reliable lager because you've grown the fuck up?

A thread about getting loaded.

Bit of a random story, but its related to the topic:

During college, about 12ish years ago for me, a friend of mine wanted to try a bit of weed. Me being the guy that apparently looks like he knows a thing or two about that, (which in fairness, I do look like that guy), he asked me about it. I asked about and got some weed in for him, as per his request.

I went to give him his order, but he informed me he has never smoked, and is nervous about it....and now wanted it in some cakes. I asked my dad about it, (long story, but he's cool with that type of thing), who said he'd sort it me whilst I was at college. I got back to his house, to find him KO'd in his chair. Later found out he'd cocked up his proportions and ate one as a test....thus leaving him high as a kite.

I collected my cakes, went home on the sly and called my friend. He'd now decided he didn't want them, and had chickened out. I was left sat in my mum's house, with a giant lunch box filled to the brim with weed muffins. I didn't want to throw them away, but couldn't leave them laying around either.......so I ate the all in one sitting. High isn't even the word. I do recall enjoying it for a shout while, but ended up KO'ing in the late hours.

Failing the above, I've tried Ecstasy (which varies wildly depending one who you get it from) and coke, but the later just did nothing for me at all. In trying the former, I had a mental night out, broke my pill cherry and dove in head first. Ended up going home very early due to the strength of the things, but had a good time non the less.

It's been a long time since I've done anything like that, (years infact), as I just don't get out as much as I used to hah. 

I originally clogged the presidential thread up with this, though I'm glad there's a dedicated place for it now so as not to seem like I'm ramming it down anyone's throat.

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Visual_effects_-_Psychedelics

This is a decent page for those curious of the effects. It was mentioned earlier about doing it outside - I've seen people at clubs on it and there's a risk that it could fuck with you. I approached someone I knew a little and they were freaked out the closer I came, so I backed away. They were staring at their hands a lot of the time.

Doing LSD in an environment you feel safe in, preferably with someone you know who you feel safe with, is ideal. Them not making a big deal of any worries that may arise, getting you a blanket, and assuring you can calm you down if you start to think the trip will never end and this is it.

As for odd drug stories, taking too much MD can make you hallucinate just through your brain not being able to piece information together quick enough and it trying to fill in the gaps. I had a frustrating night on it where my friend would engage in conversation with people and I couldn't keep up and was aware they were looking at me funny. In my head I was sober, but I couldn't pull it together. Later that night, there was a guy who had another guy in a headlock and I went over to break it up only to realise he was dancing by himself. I was about to try grab him when it clicked last second that he wasn't there.

Pills can fuck with your head big time. Not in any psychedelic kind of way but coming off them in the morning I'd always have the posters on the walls jerk about in the dark and when I closed my eyes it felt like everyone was back in the room with me. The honeymoon period I'll never forget - same old story - but you quickly figure out doing them every weekend turns you into a lemon. It's mental that they're so big again now.

Jaysus Mr. E. Eating weed will strap you in for a long time alright. Always saw it as a good litmus test to see if you could hack shrooms. You could limit yourself to maybe 20 of the liberty caps that grow in this part of the world and have a very dopey, giggly time without having to commit to the all night speedy psychosis of acid. Way better. You'd wake up feeling great with the appetite of a horse.

Despite the thread I don't take drugs anymore and it's been months since I've drank because I was a complete pisshead. I'll probably get a bag of green for Christmas though. I'm walking around smiling for three days then it gets dreary, fast. A little nugget maybe once a month would be right for me.

Can't deny it's something I'm fascinated by, though. It's given me a genuine casual interest of neuroscience and consciousness.

• Paid Members

Acid wise, my experiences seem similar to yours just without the during or post trip changes you described in the other thread. Having said that, in kind of on and off dealing with drug issues all the time. So, last weekend for instance, a relatively high dose of dried shrooms during the day eventually wore off, others went in search of cocaine for some reason but I had a couple tabs of acid instead. And that went on into the night. But I finished the night by popping 6 or so 2mg Xanax tablets and a number of beers once the acid had ran its course, skipped Sunday entirely and felt very, very depressed come Monday. Probably due to what I did after the shrooms and the acid.

Then of course there is my on again off again love affair with opiate painkillers. Current status: it's complicated.

But fuck. I don't know how far my post history goes back here but I have fucked with pretty much every drug you could think of. I took some random research chemical the other week that was being marketed as stronger than rohypnol. Why? Was I trying to date rape myself? Just because.

There was the 24 hour or so period I thought I was infested with bugs after a fairly lengthy speed binge. Or the time (it was possibly up to two weeks) when I bought 200 diphenhydramine pills (the active ingredient in Nytol) and spent days speaking to non-existent shadow people and...god fuck knows what else.

Actually, the main drugs left to try on my list before 30 are DMT and ayuascha, assuming I can find a Peruvian shaman around anywhere.

I am actually kind of fucked up mentally I think. I was entirely drug free for a number of weeks while in Asia and was expecting to be like, wow, I've been missing the true beauty of the world or whatever the fuck. But nope. Just bored. Cliche but basically I think I'm addicted to not being sober.

I took ambien/stillnox once and pretty much saw the reflection of an empty bar hovering in the mirror on the other side of the room. It was dark and I knew I was watching a very vague, low quality hallucination but it was there.

Sleepers are bizarre. I'll never take them now and boy do I get insomnia from time to time.

Jaysus Mr. E. Eating weed will strap you in for a long time alright. Always saw it as a good litmus test to see if you could hack shrooms. You could limit yourself to maybe 20 of the liberty caps that grow in this part of the world and have a very dopey, giggly time without having to commit to the all night speedy psychosis of acid. Way better. You'd wake up feeling great with the appetite of a horse.

Yeah, it wasnt the best idea, but being 16 years old at the time, trying to explain why: 

A) I had a box of weed cakes in my room

B) My dad had given them to me

C) They weren't even for me

It was the best thing I could think of, sans wasting them all via putting them in the bin, which seemed like a non-option at the time.

And yep, agree with the pills in the morning thing, I recall not feeling right til the late afternoon upon my first venture into that area. Barring a few odd times after that, I've been clean as a whistle due to having a Mrs that doesn't tolerate it at all. Not that it would normally stop me, but as I'm a dad as well now, the hassle of trying to explain myself is too much hah.

It's mental that they're so big again now.

I've never been into drugs much but I put that down to having issues with booze; if I went down the same route with drugs as I did with drink I wouldn't have stood a chance. I'm amazed at how "in" pills are at the minute though, especially amongst teenagers and early 20 year olds. There wasn't that much of a pill or coke culture when I first started going out. It was always drink or weed. At least that's how I saw it, it was obviously still going on.

What amazes me is how open teenagers and early 20 year old are about doing coke and pills now. I'm sure they're doing pills more because it's too expensive for them to drink in clubs and bars nowadays. I bumped into my cousin (early 20's) earlier this year and he was with a few of his mates who were teenagers to early 20's. I spent a few hours with them having a couple of drinks and talking and they were all talking about pills as though they're just what everyone's doing now.

I had some coke a few months ago and quite enjoyed it but it was only because I was pissed when I took it. I know someone who's pretty addicted to it who hammers it and he said cocaine's becoming a lot more popular again now. M-Kat was the worst though, I'm glad that seems to have slowed down a bit. The smell of somebody who's on it should be enough to put anybody else off it.

Fuckin hell, that gif of the perspective on acid looks nightmarish to me. I've had blackouts that have looked a bit like that

I'm more or less a full-time smoker at the mo. If I'm skint then I'll lay off it and I'm alright, but it's good for giving me an appetite which I struggle with and enhances alone time with tunes or rasslin viewing. The paranoia that made it dodgy in my teens has largely passed and I'm not really a drinker as I get Uncle Dick quite a lot. If I drink I'm normally pacing myself, and at home.

Not really bothered about ote else, though I've had some of the best nights of my life on eccies/other non-descript research uppers. Every time I've either gurning my tits off dancing in an attick to house and techno, having intense and engaging conversations with people like never before, or a 10-12 hour fuck.. so you can't go wrong really, but that's only very occasional, in fact its been a good 2 or 3 years since I've done anything of the sort.. I'm probably due.

Other powders have either done fuck all for me, just made me a bit queasy, or a bit on-edge and confrontational (very unlike me) so I'm not interested. I've been a "I'll do most stuff if it's free" type for a bit, but now even if it's free supposedly speed or whatever, I've no interest. 

I turned down ket one night and soon regretted it when I realised I was the only one in a room full of 7-8 people not k-holing, so I just kind of slinked off without anybody noticing.

Mild interest in psychedelics but it's either not been around me or not bothered to ask. I'm sure the trip'ead who sell me weed could get hold of some, but I guess I'll stick to what I know.

It's mental that they're so big again now.

I've never been into drugs much but I put that down to having issues with booze; if I went down the same route with drugs as I did with drink I wouldn't have stood a chance. I'm amazed at how "in" pills are at the minute though, especially amongst teenagers and early 20 year olds. There wasn't that much of a pill or coke culture when I first started going out. It was always drink or weed. At least that's how I saw it, it was obviously still going on.

What amazes me is how open teenagers and early 20 year old are about doing coke and pills now. I'm sure they're doing pills more because it's too expensive for them to drink in clubs and bars nowadays. I bumped into my cousin (early 20's) earlier this year and he was with a few of his mates who were teenagers to early 20's. I spent a few hours with them having a couple of drinks and talking and they were all talking about pills as though they're just what everyone's doing now.

I had some coke a few months ago and quite enjoyed it but it was only because I was pissed when I took it. I know someone who's pretty addicted to it who hammers it and he said cocaine's becoming a lot more popular again now. M-Kat was the worst though, I'm glad that seems to have slowed down a bit. The smell of somebody who's on it should be enough to put anybody else off it.

The upsurge in high quality pills is mainly down to the fact that the precursor chemicals used to make it virtually dissapeared for a few years due to global crackdowns, then people just figured out new ways of making it easier and stronger than ever. Combine that with the prevelance of the darknet and there you have it.

It doesn't seem to have a scene to accompany it though. Even if you thought the initial rave explosion was a cultural cul de sac of hedonistic, self absorbent bollocks it at least it had that as a veneer. I go out now and people take half a pill when they're already hammered and just sit about smoking in crap bars without busting a move. Actually maybe I'm contradicting myself because the EDM in America is the perfect backdrop to it now. The empathy and faux social politics have been drained and in it's place this really agressive sound and celebrity driven stuff like Steve Aoki doing a set on the moon or whatever.

If M-Kat is mephedrone then that is the worst stuff in the world. What a weird few years where everybody figured out the head shops suddenly sold actual proper drugs. The synthetic weed got preposterous towards the end, too.

Got a history with addiction so recreational use is pretty much a no for me. Despite being a very beautiful bastard, I do have a case of amphetamine dentistry. The back of my mouth is like the mountains in Skyrim. Currently trying to stay off opiates but alcohol rears its ugly head. Going to the docs though as I don't want to fall into bad ways again.

• Paid Members

I cannot stand that shite people hoover up their snouts, Gaffer. My mates can’t go anywhere without doing it and they come out of the traps with their budgie chests all puffed out, shoulders back, all with a sudden Danny Dyer walk and neck moving like a pigeon at every turn.

And I don’t like hallucinogens because I turn into a quivering, paranoid wreck.

There’s someone on this forum that can attest to me on acid. I sat in a toilet with my pots absolutely gone, terrified of the Matrix checking the back of my head for that robot hole thing for about 6 hours. I’ve done mushrooms in Amsterdam and that wasn’t a much happier occasion.
But I adore...absolutely adore the oul Garys/Fullbacks. Seriously, I don’t go out much anymore, but when I go out, it’s planned around a DJ I love coming to town and two pills taken in halves throughout the night where I spend my night hugging complete strangers and losing my own bollocks on the dancefloor.

It’s the only drug that I really like, to be honest and I’ll defend it and my indulging of it once every quarter year.

27th of December I have this in Dublin, and I’ll have a jaw out to Pwllheli come 2am.

e0nsl.png

Archived