Vader Time...

bigburt

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such a shame, but not a major shock. I reckon if you'd told Vader in 1993 that he'd die at  around 63, he might have taken it. This is a man who has been obese for the majority of his life and has seemingly never done much about it. In his announcement tweet, he blamed all the years of football and wrestling - truth is, it's more likely to be all those years of beer and potato chips.

The inevitable discussion now will be whether or not he will be inducted into the HOF. He unquestionably deserves it, so hopefully WWE make it happen in 2017, assuming Vader is still with us at that point. Mick Foley or Sting would be an excellent choice to induct him.

He's a strange one, as generally he isnt the best in terms of overall ability, but got over and stayed over for being a gigantic nutcase who can beat people up, [and he can do that mental looking moonsault].

He's deffo a HOF candidate, (to be honest I thought he was already in there), being a former IWGP and WCW champion. Shame he never won it in WWE really.

Such a shame, but not a major shock. I reckon if you'd told Vader in 1993 that he'd die at  around 63, he might have taken it. This is a man who has been obese for the majority of his life and has seemingly never done much about it. In his announcement tweet, he blamed all the years of football and wrestling - truth is, it's more likely to be all those years of beer and potato chips.

The inevitable discussion now will be whether or not he will be inducted into the HOF. He unquestionably deserves it, so hopefully WWE make it happen in 2017, assuming Vader is still with us at that point. Mick Foley or Sting would be an excellent choice to induct him.

Have to agree with this personally. Wrestling and sports may have had some damage, more likely the lifestyle that came with 80's-90's wrestling. However he is extremely obese and has been for as long as I can remember. 

He has however had some amazing matches over the years, his stuff with Sting was fucking amazing. 

However he is extremely obese

Am I the only one who doesn't think he's that fat. He's a big fella. Always has been. Fatter than most wrestlers. But he's not extremely obese for me.

He is for his age. How many massively fat pensioners do you see?

Have you ever been to Rotherham?

Am I the only one who doesn't think he's that fat. He's a big fella. Always has been. Fatter than most wrestlers. But he's not extremely obese for me.

Have you ever seen him up close, in person?

His gut is massive.  It might not be wobbly and jiggly, but it's massive.

• Paid Members

I think he's always been built for power rather than physique like those huge fellas that turn up on World's Strongest Man. It's probably a given for guys that played football back then. William "The Refrigerator" Perry was built like that, as were a lot of those defensive players. It was probably a case of lots of carbo loading then the way he trained. Yes, he has a big belly, but it's not particularly wobbly and jiggly because it's muscle. Either way he's carrying more weight than he used to, which doubtless takes its toll over time, whether it's 200 extra pounds of fat or 200 extra pounds of muscle, it's still 200 extra pounds than it should be. I think I heard on a Jim Cornette podcast that they tried to get him to drop 100lbs or so when he was in WWE, but he refused as a 300lb Vader just wouldn't have that same imposing physical presence he had at 400, so they punished him over it, 

• Paid Members

Have you ever seen him up close, in person?

His gut is massive.  It might not be wobbly and jiggly, but it's massive.

Yeah, he's always had one of those really massive solid guts that doesn't move. Don't they (whoever 'they' are, doctors? Daily Mail?) say that a big solid gut is more dangerous than a wobbly one?

Archived