Who Do You Associate With Certain Belts?

Mr.E

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is probably an odd one, but for me it's JBL and the WWE title. It's a product of when I started watching I think. Well, that's not entirely true. I started watching WWE at the end of 2002, Smackdown on Sky One specifically. My family had got Sky for the first time and I was able to watch wrestling for the first time.

For some reason though it's JBL's reign that sticks out to me.

Winged Eagle WWF Belt is Bret Hart for me - first thing I think of is him coming out with the classic production set up slapping hands wearing this belt.

Big Gold Belt is actually Batista, felt he wore it better than Triple H who is a close second for a WCW one I thought i'd go Ric but I actually think of Steiner most. I guess I just think the belt looks good around the waist of muscle men. 

IC Title - Chirs Jericho or even Benoit for the attitude era version and I would go with Michaels for the classic

Winged Eagle: Hulk Hogan. Given my age (31) and the time I got into wrestling (1990), it couldn't be anyone else. It's still my favourite belt, too.

Attitude Era WWF title: Triple H or Austin. Austin because he was the first to hold the title and HHH during his 2000 run where he was the best in the world.

Classic IC title: Mr Perfect or Bret Hart. As stated in this thread by numerous others, this is the workers title and my fondest memories of this belt are from 1990-1992 (Perfect-Von Erich, Perfect-Bret, Bret-Piper and Bret-Davey are the first to spring to mind) so there was no other choice for me here.

Attitude Era IC title: Jericho. He's the record holder and he had numerous classic scraps over the IC title (particularly his series with Benoit). Quite possibly the best IC champ of all time.

WWF Undisputed: Lesnar from 2002-2004. I think that's pretty much unanimous.

WWF Women's Title: Fpr some reason, I think of Sable in '99 despite Trish being a better champion and longer title holder.

NWA title: Flair. 'Nuff said.

WCW Big Gold Belt: Goldberg. I don't know why, because I've been watching WCW all my life, but when I think of that belt it's always wrapped around Goldberg's waist as he makes his entrance circa 1998. Plus that belt's most memorable period was with Goldberg in my opinion.

TNA title: Jarrett. Again, it couldn't really be anyone else.

• Paid Members

This is probably an odd one, but for me it's JBL and the WWE title. It's a product of when I started watching I think. Well, that's not entirely true. I started watching WWE at the end of 2002, Smackdown on Sky One specifically. My family had got Sky for the first time and I was able to watch wrestling for the first time.

For some reason though it's JBL's reign that sticks out to me.

I loved JBL's run as champion on Smackdown.

Archived