Rizin MMA Thread * New Year's Eve MMA!

Egg Shen

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

“I just received a message from Rizin Fighting Federation that Wanderlei "the Braveheart" Silva doesn't want to fight me. He gets scared and he changed his mind, but he know it from the beginning. He played tough guy on the press conference in July and he called me out for a fight. Then I said to myself, this man has a guts, but now we all see what is he made of, nothing but shit. Once he was a fearless and true axe murder but now he's just a scared homie and only thing he can kill is his mosquito. And Wanderlei, don't you dare to come to Saitama to see the tournament like a guest because I will slap you like a bitch just like you deserve, you are nothing but a scared bitch and I had so much respect for you as a fighter until now. I suggest a new name for you that will fit you well... WANDERLEI "THE CHICKEN" SILVA.”

lots of chickens in MMA at the moment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Two of the big names are out of the tournament (Wanderlei and Carwin), but they've got some solid replacements:

King Mo & Heath Herring (Mo vs. Crocop in the first round).

If those two has been in the original lineup besides Wandereli and Carwin i would be shitting myself with excitement.

Heath Herring though! It is New Years Eve!

• Paid Members

Shit, who dug Heath Herring up? I haven't even seen a picture of him in years let alone anything about a return to the ring/cage. Never expected to ever see him fight again, to be honest. He completely vanished after the Brock fight and hasn't popped up anywhere MMA related in 8 years!

Cro Cop vs Herring 2 for the final please. For old times sake.

• Paid Members

Going back to what i posted on page 1...Gabi Garcia's opponent has pulled out, probably for the best, but Rizin has gone out and got an apt. replacement, she's now fighting this broad:

yumiko-hotta2.jpg?w=218&h=298

Yumiko Hotta. She's 3 years younger at 49, she at least as a legit fighting background and won Bronze at the World Championships in Judo...32 friggin' years ago.

The cards themselves now are nearly complete. About half of each show im interested in, there's a ton of fights each night. Still looking forward to watching it though.

Both shows stream live on Eversport.com (not sure if the commentary is English):

Rf1mg5f.jpg

Yumiko Hotta. She's 3 years younger at 49, she at least as a legit fighting background and won Bronze at the World Championships in Judo...32 friggin' years ago.

You've mixed up the fighters. Kandori was the judo bronze medalist 32 years ago. Hotta's MMA record looks almost as dubious as Kandori's though, consisting mostly of LLPW (like Kandori), an AJW promoted MMA tournament (like, WTF?!), and a couple of more legit looking fights, but only one fight in the last 16 years. There's always the possibility of a Mir-Lesnar shock submission, but she's definitely looking like a lamb to the slaughter.

• Paid Members

Rin Nakai dressed the part for the weigh-in's...

15726880_2155856717972069_19568304439664

Not quite sure what's up with the pot noodle.

Apparently the Eversport stream will have videos on demand within a few hours of the events happening.

Archived