'We are merely exchanging long protein strings'. It's the

WWFChilli

• Paid Members

ELECTION NIGHT, surprised a topic hasn't opened for this (unless there's a ban on it). It's been a bit of a mad one hasn't it. Who you backing, the crook or the fascist?

And genuinely, where are yanks going with either in charge for the next four years.

• Paid Members

I'm hoping for Hillary but I've got an awful feeling that Trump is going to squeek it.

Hillary's just a bit shit. The only really compelling reason to vote for her is because Trump would be worse. She's ahead in the polls, and the FBI investigation has been dropped, so I can see a good portion of her "supporters" just not being fucked actually going out and voting. Trump isn't going to have that problem.

As for the future, I can see a Trump Presidency going a bit like Brexit has so far, actually. Both Houses will block his nuttiest ideas, Trump will blast them in the media for it and his supporters will rage about the lack of respect for democracy, as if it's different from any other President ever. Fuck knows what happens then.

Hillary will just be the same old shit. Awful in her own way but far far better than the alternative.

You know what worries me? Not who's going to win, but the reaction, outcry, protests, dissent etc. that's going to come with whomever wins. Some people really hate Clinton, and lots really hate Trump. Either way, there's going to be very sore losers.

• Paid Members

Part of me wants to see what Trump would do. Saying you'll do something and actually doing it (see Obama, Barack) are two different things. Part of me thinks he might actually do something in regards Syria or Russia. And despite the consequences I'm interested to see how it pans out. If everyone votes Clinton then the corruption and cliques will never die. It will confirm their existence and the acceptance of them. That is a bad thing.

• Moderators

Part of me wants to see what Trump would do.

From a "it would be like a movie! Imagine the chaos to the shitty system" perspective, I think everyone wonders, but nobody who's a minority is thinking this way. They're just fucking terrified. He needs to be crushingly defeated, or we're going to see post-Brexit-like racially-motivated attacks of an unprecedented scale, when the lunatics voting for him believe their views have been validated by a popular vote. Gun-toting folks who, since the civil rights movement, have only been saying the n-word in their own house, who've been waiting for the day when it became acceptable to no longer hide their stance.

And that's not taking into account all the other mental shit that would happen, like the thinnest skinned sociopath ever having access to nuclear codes, or his immediately undoing every clean energy measure and destroying the planet slightly less quickly than when some foreign leader burns him on Twitter and he drops an a-bomb on their head at 3am.

I am scared regardless of the outcome. We have a war-mongering, sinister, underhanded politician who has (allegedly) breached security and then we have Trump - narcissistic, lying and believing  he can do a load of stuff he simply can't. I find Hilary hideous; the false smile and the pointing into the crowd at a fictitious 'fan' that she knows personally. It is incredibly rehearsed and comes off as a polished politician - something feels wrong. Then you have Trump who bragged about women that 'let you do anything' and grabbing them by the pussy! He has the self-control of a ADHD child on cocaine. 

In some ways I want to see what Trump would do but the chaos it would inflict on the whole world economies (especially the UK) is terrifying. For that reason I would have to go for Clinton - she may cause a war with Putin but he won't screw over the UK economy too. 

• Paid Members

Part of me wants to see what Trump would do.

From a "it would be like a movie! Imagine the chaos to the shitty system" perspective, I think everyone wonders, but nobody who's a minority is thinking this way. They're just fucking terrified. He needs to be crushingly defeated, or we're going to see post-Brexit-like racially-motivated attacks of an unprecedented scale, when the lunatics voting for him believe their views have been validated by a popular vote. Gun-toting folks who, since the civil rights movement, have only been saying the n-word in their own house, who've been waiting for the day when it became acceptable to no longer hide their stance.

And that's not taking into account all the other mental shit that would happen, like the thinnest skinned sociopath ever having access to nuclear codes, or his immediately undoing every clean energy measure and destroying the planet slightly less quickly than when some foreign leader burns him on Twitter and he drops an a-bomb on their head at 3am.

I know. I'm not condoning him or his views etc. I just have this curiosity. If one thing could be different what effect would it have?

Status quo preserved though.

• Moderators

The main different thing would be he literally has no policies and has no idea how government works. Hillary is, for better or worse, at least a career politician, and knows how to run shit. He's surfed a wave of buzzwords, and has no substance beyond his catchphrase. There was a quote floating around Twitter a while ago from someone (I forget who) Trump had floated the idea of being his VP to. Don Jr had asked them if they'd be in charge of foreign and domestic policy; literally the president's job.

"And what would your father be doing?"

"Making America great again," replied Don Jr.

So if he did get in, it's President Pence (also a cunt), with Trump Milli Vanill-ing it from the Whitehouse, probably rounding up Mexicans with a cattle prod for the cameras.

Although it would probably be civil war or something.

• Paid Members

Remain was the odds on favourite a few months back and I ended up having one of the worst nights of my life staying up for that, so bedtime soon for me.

I think Clinton will win but I'm worried there'll be a similar thing with Brexit where many people who have never (or rarely) voted before, will come out for Trump. I wouldn't be surprised if he won, I hope he gets fucking destroyed though.

Any comparisons with Clinton are a joke. She's cold and pandering, but Trump is mentally ill. He doesn't even seem to comprehend how dangerous some of the stuff he says is. Crying "rigged" before anyone has even voted?! Especially if he loses and drags out his concession speech, some poor fuckers will get killed.

Also in general shithead news someone posted on twitter the bar menu from Trumps victory party. Thats right, cash bar. At the billionaires party and you're paying for your own drinks. Cunt!

CwxaF8dWgAE3gWG.jpg

https://twitter.com/Milbank/status/796110301980663813

Am I the only one who doesn't get staying up for election results? There can be fairly interesting analysis, but I feel like it's a lot of 'Trump's at 50% to Clinton's 48%, but that could swing round'. To me, that means nothing and doesn't until the votes are either right near the end or are counted. I know you could say it's the same with watching Soccer Saturday, but I at least know that, for example, Hazard's running a team ragged, a player's been sent off etc. so I can form an idea of the performance. With this, I always feel like a swing could happen anytime out of nowhere just based on what's been counted when.

Does that make any sense?

Watching here in Florida and it's scary watching. Any other republican winning (even if I didn't agree with all their policies) I'd be fine with...but this clown?

I guess the only keep calm and carry on comment is that the president can't do much without congress. Heck Obama was an incredibly popular president and couldn't do half the stuff he wanted.

Still hoping we can continue some semblance of normality and she pulls it out of the bag!

Archived