UFC Fight Night: Mousasi vs Hall 2 - Nov 19

wandshogun09

Who wins and how?   

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

I love McGeary. I don't get time to follow Bellator as much these days so I pick and choose the shows I watch, but McGeary is one of the guys who guarantees me tuning in.

With the amount of shows the UFC do now and some of the utter dross on the lower end of the roster, I'd be all for them signing Melvin Manhoef even this late in the game. He probably should've retired a while back but if he's going to fight on, I'd like to see him added to the UFC's European shows. He'd be a great addition to those cards and if they matched him with the right fighters you'd pretty much be guaranteed a crowd pleaser.

I might be biased though because I fucking love me a bit of Melvin Manhoef. Got to be in my top 5 favourite MMA fighters ever.

Melvin is super close to retiring, i dont see it happening.

He's re-matching Carvalho on the Bellator show next weekend for the 185lb belt, im fairly certain ive read that Melvin plans on winning then retiring as Champ. He should already be Champion as he deserved the nod in the first fight...which incidentally was probably the worst fight Melvin's ever been involved in.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I never saw the first fight. Probably the only Manhoef fight I've missed in years. Sounds like I picked the right fight to miss.

Love the bastard. I'm glad he's finally talking retirement though. It's a shame we never got to see him in the UFC. There was a point around early 2013 where it looked like it might happen and Melvin was talking about potential fights with Wanderlei Silva, Cung Le and Michael Bisping which had me practically cutting diamonds but it fizzled out and never happened. He needs to stop though. He's fought such a kill or be killed style for so long and he's been KO'd badly a bunch of times. Good to see he's thinking of calling it a day.

Didn't realise this could be his last fight ever. That's made it all the more of a must see now.

Archived