What did you do last weekend?

Gus Mears

• Paid Members

General thread for discussing what you are up to on those most interesting of days. Crimbo shopping? Fireworks? Nice meal? Dogging? Theatre?

What are you up to, why? All of that jazz.

I'm having a quiet one after Halloween and the stomach chaos that murdered me repeatedly. I'm walking to the butchers in town to buy some HIGH QUALITY MEAT and probably a bottle of decent red. This, of course, is before the MAAAAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING, Bullseye repeats on Challenge at 11. What will Jim be frightened of this week? The Chinese? Or women answering sport questions?

• Paid Members

I'm sorting out boxes. I never knew I had so much tat. I've now got to the end of this month to get everything ready for the 2nd part of my move and for Christmas, and next weekend to get everything ready for my tenants. I'll try and do a bit of Christmas shopping around the packing, but everyone is getting something off the net this year I fear.

I've got a handful of beers picked from my collection to wind down in the evening, and if I have space I will plug in the ps3 and carry on with the WCW nitro and PPV run I started, as I'm still in 95.

• Paid Members

Yeah, I'm attempting to do some of the same stuff Tommy, knowing that I'll be moving within a month. It's staggering the cubic tonnage of absolute bollocks I manage to accrue. I blame the Dogs Trust. I'm a member and they keep sending me Oxford Dictionary sized packs of dog related twattery. 'HUGS AND WAGGLES FROM YOUR PAL RUTH', fuck off of with your rubbish, or I'll stop sponsoring you, you mangey shitbag.

They also keep downgrading my dogs. I started off with some cute terriers and the like, but when they popped their clogs things went south. Stuck with some Rottie who looks like they are in the 'stuff falling off' stage of leprosy and a bulldog who is reminiscent of an old mans happy sack.

• Paid Members

I get why charity's do that, but can you opt out? I like that some money goes out every month and, to be honest, I go through spells where I forget about it until I do a full review of my statement. It would put me off, stuff like that.

I'm selling or binning a load of stuff, a guitar I'm too uncoordinated to learn to play, a punch bag I don't have room for, a dozen old consoles I don't play, a load of VHS tapes. I have two apple corers' and three bread knives' for fucks sake.

• Moderators

I stayed up way too late last night playing Elder Scrolls Online and have only just got up as a result. Good start to the weekend! Going to see Citizen Cope this evening. I haven't heard much of him - just listened through each of his albums once in preparation for this (really to find out if I even liked him). But a mate bought the tickets and it's a decent excuse to see friends and have an evening out. Tomorrow is the main event though! Game of Thrones boardgame with mates and a big pot of chilli. It's a bit of an all day affair that game and you need 6 players for it to be good, so we've only played it once before as it can be tough organising everyone to get together. Really looking forward to it.

• Paid Members

What's the topic, please tell me it is the scatological subconscious and Freudian theory. Is it going to turn out your whole time on here has just been research.

"one gentleman, a Mr Malbranque, was of particular note"

• Paid Members

I will be working on a dissertation that's due in just over three weeks. So far it is not going well, considering I'm still in bed posting on the UKFF rather than what I should be doing. Motivate me, Gus.

If you don't crack the heck on, I'll find your address and post you a copy of my undergraduate dissertation on Lib Dem incumbency rates. The pure forces of boredom held in it will be unleashed and will cause all life in a ten mile vicinity to turn into pocket lint or packets of Jacob's crackers.

So get on, your life may depend on it.

Tommy, I could phone them, but it is always at the bottom of my list of 'shit I can't be bothered to do'.

• Paid Members

On our way to the airport to fly back to the US and A, and then tomorrow putting away all the English treats (cherry bakewells, mince pies, loads of delicious junk). Tomorrow, putting stuff away, catching up on Candle Cove and Westworld, and doing some freelance typesetting to pay for the holiday we just went on.

Got a couple of comps for Celtic and Inverness game today so taking the wee man to that. Then we'll let off some fireworks in the garden tonight.

Sundays have the same routine every week. Swimming lessons in the morning then we head up to the pitches up the road and watch a Sunday league game while having a kickabout.

• Paid Members

I was out last night for my friend's birthday in Hertford and crashed round his. Just had a bacon sarnie whilst watching Hardcore Henry (good start to the day) and the wife & kids are on there way to pick me up, where we'll then head to the in-laws for the weekend in Market Deeping.

A bit of fireworks and jacket potatoes tonight, probably Xmas shopping in Peterborough or Stamford tomorrow then playing football tomorrow night. That'll do nicely.

Archived