Survivor Series match review thread - 2016 edition

Otto Dem Wanz

From “screwjobs” to title tournaments, forklifts and ambulances, and more traditional efforts of teams of 5 striving to survive, there are a ton of awful, thrilling and hilarious memories connected with Survivor Series, WWE’s traditional November special.

In anticipation of this year's edition (which also happens to be the 30th year for the event) I thought it’d be an enjoyable use of our time to cast an eye back to previous iterations of the show, to get acquainted with stuff we may have missed, stuff that we’ve forgotten about or just plain appreciate watching.

The rules:

• Participants will be given a Survivor Series event from which they will review one match.
  • The match chosen is completely up to the user*
  • Stick a post in here if you want to contribute.
  • I’ll be conducting a random draw on the evening of Wednesday 9th November** to allocate a Survivor Series event to each user who expressed an interest.
  • You have one week from then to submit your copy, which means the final deadline for submissions is Wednesday 16th November.
  • Please send your responses to me via PM.

* By all means review anything you want, but contributions will probably be more interesting to read should they not retread old arguments or go over matches that have been dissected innumerably.

** If this date proves problematic for too many people let me know and I can be flexible.

Loose ends:

Ideally we’re going to have 29 users (including me) express their interest in this, if there are more than that I’ll have to cap the entries with a first come first serve rule.

In the event that we don’t have enough contributors by the 9th, those of you up for reviewing a match from more than one event will have a chance to do so. We’ll play it by ear.

Last words:

If there’s anything I’ve appeared to have missed then let me know, otherwise, let’s have fun  :thumbsup:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived