Change 1 thing in WWE

Drfunke

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

That daft list of things people can and can't say. Dump it. Let's get the superstars wrestlers and announcers talking like humans again.

"He's been taken to a medical facility"

Drives me up the bloody wall, that one.

Isn't that to stop creepy bastards going to the local hospital?

I thought it was more because they didn't want to say the word hospital, as it could imply they could DIE. Can't remember where I read that, could be wrong though. I don't think stopping the creepy AJ Lee/Paige fans from going to the hospital is a reason, they know what they mean when they say hospital anyway.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's that. We can't use this word, we must use this phrase, we mustn't shorten this.

It's created a horribly robotic, insincere way of speaking that's ruining promos and commentary.

• Paid Members

That daft list of things people can and can't say. Dump it. Let's get the superstars wrestlers and announcers talking like humans again.

"He's been taken to a medical facility"

Drives me up the bloody wall, that one.

More LEDs.

More PEDs.

Seriously though, more coke and roids. Other than the fact that the roster will be either dead or loopy in 10 years, the product will be infinitely better.

Yeah, this tbh. Wrestling was better when everyone was fucked up on coke and somas and Shawn and Co were backstage politicking and booking decisions were made around Vince's pool in Connecticut. Now it's mainly just a bunch of geeks playing video games, too afraid or too comfortable to shake anything up.

Or just have Nash and Austin drinking and booking the territory instead of Vince and Stephanie and Paul (I'm shooting) and Dunne and the rest of them running the show.

Scrap the PG its aiming to be and be more edgy again, its far too clean and PC these days for my liking.

I also wouldn't mind an off season of sorts, couple months break but you could do it in a way where you still have one brand running. Then it gives the product a chance to refresh, wrestlers to recover and have a proper break and give the shows more focus, you could always do a season finale and cliff hangers from one season into next so the off season has hype for the new season. Although it would never happen as they would lose money from tours/shows. 

A sincere answer is that Rollins and Reigns can bust arse and do practically anything cool within the ring, that gets shit all over when some genius writer decides to tell them to go out there looking like a smug prick and throw an insult like 'tater tots' or 'sparklecrotch'. A good heel can sell any insult and they definitely have good heels, but it's not fair on the babyfaces, makes them look like jackasses and undoes shitloads of good work

• Paid Members

Scrap the PG its aiming to be and be more edgy again, its far too clean and PC these days for my liking.

Bollocks. Edgy doesn't mean good. The attitude era was full of edgy shite. Most of the best stuff from that period wasn't edgy at all, it was just good.

WCW in 2000 was edgy. Raw in 2002 was edgy. TNA was edgy. All fucking rubbish.

PG, 3 hours, WWE dictionary, scripted promos. All side issues IMO. Quick finger pointers. The company is fundamentally flawed from the top down. It doesn't tell engaging wrestling stories. That's cancer. Everything else is just wounds.

• Paid Members

Wasn't WCW at the peak of its popularity a PG show? PG isn't the issue.

The WWF at its peak in the late 80's too. PG doesn't have to equate 'bland'.

I'm more annoyed about the over production and micromanaging. I hate how every wrestler seems to need someone to hold their hand in terms of what moves they can and can't do, and a script they have to read like a parrot. How the fuck is anyone supposed to get over? Honestly now. Imagine how much rubbish they'd have had Stone Cold and the Rock coming out with if that was the case 20 years ago.

I bang on about this I know, but the shows are much too glossy.  Wrestling isn't Hollywood, despite how much Vince McMahon wants to kid himself that he's the modern day Walt Disney. I'm not saying that wrestling has to go back to smoky, dimly lit arenas, but it seems to have gone bonkers over the last 5-6 years. It needs to be more gritty.

I'm also certain Raw was PG right through 1997, and Smackdown has always been PG throughout it's entire run. You can do everything the Attitude Era done great with a PG rating.

You can't do blood, you can't do tits and you can't do Undertaker feeding Mideon his blood. Woe betide.

Archived