Mark Haskins hurt

Linus

• Paid Members

Mark Haskins has announced that he's having to stop wrestling, at least for a while, and has cancelled all his bookings & vacated all his titles. Everything was going great for him, with a good show at BOLA and interest from ROH, and it's sad that it's come at this time. He's got issues with his neck that are affecting feeling in his hands, which is a familiar wrestling injury, and people HAVE recovered before so fingers crossed.

I'll start this by saying that I think Haskins is an excellent wrestler, a thoroughly nice chap who I've always seen have time for fans and chatting, and I'm sure he does have something wrong, but that whole thing, leaving the belt, then the promo backstage, especially that, seemed so phoney and contrived. It even sounded scripted so...

I dunno maybe I'm just being cynical.

• Paid Members

I don't get him wrestling then giving up title last night, strange one as Progess have always talked of not putting wrestlers at risk

They're playing it as if they didn't know before the match, but I don't buy it. He has vacated belts elsewhere today, so while I don't think it's a work, there's definitely an element of turning it into one with the way they all reacted after he stormed off and definitely in his promo.

I wasn't into him being Progress champ but it's a real shame for him as others have said, he was picking up lots of momentum this year and was really getting about.

• Paid Members

Anyone remember when TNA built up a mystery X Division opponent for Doug Williams and debuted Mark Haskins? That had to be some kind of sabotage. No way anyone who isnt thick as fuck could think that was the best way to debut someone. His TNA career never got off the ground after that.

He wrestled for Southside in Stevenage the night before too. I can only think he decided he would do this one last weekend before taking a sabbatical. He certainly went full pelt in both outings and, more strangely, won both matches. Fingers crossed for a full recovery, certainly is bad timing for the guy...

I think he fucked up a spot with Austin Aries and Double A looked pissed seemed he put his shots in a bit harder, that was when he was doing a John Morrison routine and had neither the face or body to pull it off.

I'm sure he's improved massively since then as that was a few years back.

Archived